Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I've never seen Android look as meticulously designed and polished as iOS. My brother is in Dribbble (design community) and they all use iPhones because Android is so poorly designed. After he pointed out the flaws and inconsistencies, it's hard to unsee them.

iOS launcher. Don't know who would use it or why but its available.

Fake-iPhone-5-launcher.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bb.iphone5

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
I've never seen Android look as meticulously designed and polished as iOS. My brother is in Dribbble (design community) and they all use iPhones because Android is so poorly designed. After he pointed out the flaws and inconsistencies, it's hard to unsee them.

Do they also all go to Starbucks? Give examples of some design flaws then. I agree Touchwiz can be inconsistent in colours used, but Sense and stock Android especially after 4.0 is very consistent in colour and design.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I'm under attack! Retreeeaaatt.

You guys can go ahead and dominate this iOS thread, I'm not going to exhaust myself defending iOS. If you only want to adulate Android, go to an Android forum where you won't have interference.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012

You guys can go ahead and dominate this iOS thread, I'm not going to exhaust myself defending iOS. If you only want to adulate Android, go to an Android forum where you won't have interference.

Tries to show everyone iOS is superior. Fails. Claims others are unreasonable.
What a joke.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
What a joke.

Others try to show me Android is superior. Outnumber me. Fail. I leave thread.

I have never said iOS is superior. It's all preference. But to try to claim that it is completely without merits is unreasonable.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012

It's not an exclusively iOS thread though is it the OP was comparing the two OS's so of course people are going to suggest where the OP might be looking at things wrong. Why should people go somewhere else this is the alternative section of the forum if you don't like seeing people in your opinion being biased against iOS why keep looking in here, thats like going into the iPhone forum and exspecting people not to bag on anything not Apple.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012

You're probably the only one who thinks you didn't fail. There are things that iOS does better than Android. It runs smoother at lower hardware, etc. But the things you brought up were pretty ridiculous.

Edit: I'm not saying Android is for everyone either too. But the problem is that you say you don't think iOS is superior but your posts indicate otherwise.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
I'm talking design, not interaction. And as I said before, there's a beauty in simplicity. What could be easier than opening apps from the home screen?

Opening apps from anywhere, while you are doing anything? Multitasking at its finest. Having 2gb of RAM can be extremely useful. I want a smartphone to be 'smart' and be able to function like a mini computer and that is something you will never be able to do on an iphone or iPad. To much control has been removed from the user.

Simplicity and usability should be synonymous within an OS, not diametrically opposed.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012

I have never said iOS is superior. It's all preference. But to try to claim that it is completely without merits is unreasonable.

Don't act all whiter then white, your first popst in this thread was this.

"These are certainly valid reasons. My iPhone 5 just gave me 8.5 hours of strenuous usage. In that, I played Super Hexagon (exclusive), played music and watched YouTube through AirPlay, browsed the web with a fantastic mobile browser, and chatted with iMessage. All in a beautiful, super thin and light phone. The camera is best-in-class, the chip is best in class, and the ecosystem is bar none. Is it that hard to see why people like iPhones?"

You were waving at the red flag at the bull...

inhalewaste

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
What a joke.

It's really becoming harder to defend iOS. What do you expect from an OS that is limiting and introduces new features slowly while the competition allows for more flexibility, freedom, and introduces new features at blazing speeds?

It's a losing battle. The advantages of iOS have been battered back by this uneven growth between the OSes. There's a few remaining strongholds of iOS, but even those are soon to change hands.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
That's true, you only said Android is Fisher Price.

I said TouchWiz was, and that was mostly an argument against iOS being less "grown-up"

----------

Don't act all whiter then white, your first popst in this thread was this.

"These are certainly valid reasons. My iPhone 5 just gave me 8.5 hours of strenuous usage. In that, I played Super Hexagon (exclusive), played music and watched YouTube through AirPlay, browsed the web with a fantastic mobile browser, and chatted with iMessage. All in a beautiful, super thin and light phone. The camera is best-in-class, the chip is best in class, and the ecosystem is bar none. Is it that hard to see why people like iPhones?"

You were waving at the red flag at the bull...

More like assuming the position of iOS fans. I didn't claim it was superior, I showed why it was defensible.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Have you owned or used an android device? Or all your opinions based on other peoples opinions?

They're my opinions...I am capable of having my own thoughts. I've used most flagship Android phones at some point or another.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
They're my opinions...I am capable of having my own thoughts. I've used most flagship Android phones at some point or another.

When you say "used" you mean a 5 minute play of a phone in a shop or a friends?

inhalewaste

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2012
A lot of the judgments regarding the iPhone and iOS do come from experience with the device themselves. Many of the posters here came from them, or are considering switching from them.

SeanR1

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yup :)

Plus I've watched many videos, I don't think I need to own one in order to make some sort of judgment.

I thought about flying a plane, but I watched a video about it and played a flight sim, so I feel I'm qualified to talk about being a pilot.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I thought about flying a plane, but I watched a video about it and played a flight sim, so I feel I'm qualified to talk about being a pilot.

Eh, not quite a valid analogy.

More like: I was interested in maybe becoming a pilot. So I watched some training videos, played a flight simulator, and even took out a few planes for short test runs. In the process, I arrived at the conclusion that flying wasn't for me at the moment, but that I would be willing to try it again in the future.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
A lot of the judgments regarding the iPhone and iOS do come from experience with the device themselves. Many of the posters here came from them, or are considering switching from them.

Same goes for some of us here in regards to Android. I own a Nexus 7 (I'm on my third attempt at trying to sell it, the first time no one seemed to want a preowned N7 after the price drop came into effect, second time I had dramas with the buyer, so I've now relisted for the third time, wow), so I'm very familiar with Android, what you can do with it, how it works, what the app experience is like and its flaws.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-19-12-18-28.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-19-12-18-28.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 148
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.