Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
Hopefully it comes back soon

It's only happened to me once since September. I guess this removed any question whether or not I'll be forgoing my SMS plan with AT&T.

Oh well

----------

This is why mobile companies are not too worried about losing revenue to Apple.

Yea I wish thinkin if canceling my SMS plan but now there's no doubt I can't.

Nick16

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
FL
Having problems with facetime too. Anyone else having facetime issues?

Thanks

Yep, was having FaceTime issues this morning, leading to the realization that iMessage is also not functioning. Didn't know they were related.

MattBookBower

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Bournemouth, England
down in canada as well. i'll forgive them if they're updating it to actually work decently! (ie show message history in the right order, actually have messages arrive promptly on all devices, etc)
This happens to me all the time. Comes through on the iPad about 5-10 mins later, every single time.

----------

Oh, and my iMessage seems to be working ok now.

mikejg

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
My wife's imessage is working. Mine is not. We are 2 feet from each other.

If I try to switch it off then back on it asks for my apple id, but it says it's invalid. Does this for both FaceTime and imessage.

Stevp1

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2003
Still down in central cal

Waiting patiently. Turned wifi off on my iPhone so it forces to SMS.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
My wife's imessage is working. Mine is not. We are 2 feet from each other.

If I try to switch it off then back on it asks for my apple id, but it says it's invalid. Does this for both FaceTime and imessage.

Same here, except mine is now saying Waiting for Activation. Overall iMessage has been a disappointment.

starkbot4007

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
i think they just limited you to sending imessages to people within your "region" because i was asked to enter a region for the first time ever. what's that all about?

efrank772

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Yup- me too

My iMessage and FaceTime has been down since like 2 this afternoon. It is driving me crazy!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.