Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Just wondering which :apple: devices you guys have. I have an iPhone 4S, iPad 4, Apple TV, and no computer. My old desktop PC died a couple of weeks ago. The reason I ask is because I'm torn between an iPad and a rMBP. I bought an iPad 4th generation a little less than a week ago, and I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should keep it, or return it and buy a rMBP. Do any of you have all 3? (iPhone, iPad, MBP) and if so, do you use each equally or does one fall behind and make you wish you could still return it?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Just wondering which :apple: devices you guys have. I have an iPhone 4S, iPad 4, Apple TV, and no computer. My old desktop PC died a couple of weeks ago. The reason I ask is because I'm torn between an iPad and a rMBP. I bought an iPad 4th generation a little less than a week ago, and I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should keep it, or return it and buy a rMBP. Do any of you have all 3? (iPhone, iPad, MBP) and if so, do you use each equally or does one fall behind and make you wish you could still return it?

you have no computer and an iPad??? I would say to get a refurbished macbook from Apple and keep the iPad.

iALLOUT4eva

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
PlayDay Land
Hopefully I will have the iPad 4 or mini (have not decided yet) in January

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
you have no computer and an iPad??? I would say to get a refurbished macbook from Apple and keep the iPad.

Yeah. I was trying to see if I could do without a computer, and just use an iPad. I'm slowly realizing I was wrong to think that. The iPad is still amazing so I don't know if I should keep it AND buy a computer, or return the iPad and use that money towards a MBP.

HenryBishop

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
New York
I have an iPad Mini, an iPhone 5, and a MacBook Air and they get equal use. But lately my iPad Mini has been getting more time.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Yeah. I was trying to see if I could do without a computer, and just use an iPad. I'm slowly realizing I was wrong to think that. The iPad is still amazing so I don't know if I should keep it AND buy a computer, or return the iPad and use that money towards a MBP.

well think, do you really need a retina macbook pro? Can you do with getting one of these? http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
As a family we have in-use an iPhone 5, two 4s, three Mac Book Airs, two iPads, one iMac, and honestly I don't know the count but a few assorted nanos and iPods.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
As a family we have in-use an iPhone 5, two 4s, three Mac Book Airs, two iPads, one iMac, and honestly I don't know the count but a few assorted nanos and iPods.

You guys must be freaking rich, however all that apple stuff would just get on my nerves lol.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
In our house we currently have:

iPhone 5 32gb
iPhone 5 16gb
iPad 3 LTE 32gb
3rd Gen iPod Nano
6th Gen iPod Nano
New Mac Mini i5

We also have various accessories to go with each and two HP laptops that are rarely used.

The iPad fills most of our computing needs except for my school work. I use the Mac Mini of that.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
2 - iPhone 5 64GB- mine and husband's
2 - 160GB iPod classic - mine and husband's
1 - macbook air 13" (just bought a month ago)
1 - iPad 2 64GB
1 - iPad mini 64GB

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
An ipad is just not a substitute for a computer...If confronted with a choice, I'd buy a Mac and let the ipad go....Many people have tried to go down the ipad only route...It just isn't realistic.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
I have an iPhone 5, iPad 3 and rMBP. I use my iPhone and rMBP the most and the iPad 3 gets hardly used at all anymore except for reading books or surfing the internet when watching TV. My rMBP gets almost as good battery life as the iPad so I don't think I'd buy an iPad again at least for a few years.

bmwman3241

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
In the house (7 people) we have:
3 iPhone 5's 64GB in use
3 iPhone 4S's 32GB in use
1 iPad 4's 64GB 4G in use (More coming soon)
5 iPad 2's 64GB 3G in use
2 15" rMBP in use (1 coming soon)
3 15" MBP in use
2 13" MBP in use
1 Macbook Air in use
2 iMac's 27" in use
1 Mac Mini in use
2 Time Capsule in use
A bunch of our old MBP's, iPhones, iMacs, iPads, iPods currently not in use.

Might seem like alot, but everyone has a laptop, iPad and iPhone. Between the iPad and MBP, I would definitely suggest the MBP every time.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Man you guys are freaking rich... or liars, either one lol. But don't you get annoyed at having all those apple products? I don't know where I would be without my ps3.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Me and gf each have an iPhone. Since getting the iPad, we began fighting over it every night. So I end up buying a rMBP, and then we were fighting over that and no one wants to use the iPad. So I would recommend getting the rMBP.

MacLappy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
Hi OP,

I currently have the iPhone 5, original iPad and 11" MacBook Air 2012.

My iPhone sees the most usage among all my devices. Simply because it is the only device I have with me all the time. I use it to chat, surf the web, check and response to mails/forums/social network, read books, listen to music, play games, take notes/pictures and a whole lot more.

I use the IPad only on weekends, it acts as an electronic chord sheet when I am playing the guitar.

My MacBook Air is there for work, photo and video editing, banging out long essays, watching movies, playing world of Warcraft, diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

Personally as an iPhone user, I would pick the Mac over an iPad. Hope that helps. #

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
What do you have?

I have a Mac Pro for heavy workloads, though I'm looking to upgrade it whenever Apple releases a replacement, if ever.

My MacBook Pro is my workhorse on the go; great computer.

I have replaced by iPad 3 with an iPad mini; I like the portability, though I do wish Apple used a retina display, going from using the iPhone, the MacBook Pro, and the iPad 3 to the mini, everything looks a bit blurry for a few moments.

And I have 2 iPhone 5s, one black, the other white, for travel and US-only, respectively.

I would get a computer. The iPad is not a computer even though Apple wants you to believe it replaces one.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.