Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
sounds like I'll be getting a mini now! thanks for sharing! I wish I could test this out now. I'm waiting for the cellular version.

Kayakphotos

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2012
Naples, FL
I switched browsers as well and also have the resizing font bookmark on my safari. This has made my mini experience better as well.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
It has made me enjoy the screen in my mini more, because I am not having problems reading text like I was. I highly recommend it.

I love this browser! thanks for sharing. Only odd thing is that it won't let me log into this forum on it!

also, do you know how to set this as the default? I'd like to set the URL links from email to link w this browser not safari.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
That is odd. I have since moved on to the free Mercury Browser. It is free and has a better interface. I'm sorry, I don't know how to set it as the default :/.
I love this browser! thanks for sharing. Only odd thing is that it won't let me log into this forum on it!

also, do you know how to set this as the default? I'd like to set the URL links from email to link w this browser not safari.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
That is odd. I have since moved on to the free Mercury Browser. It is free and has a better interface. I'm sorry, I don't know how to set it as the default :/.

Thanks for your quick reply. Now I'm typing on mercury browser since that's the only one that let me log in.

I wish mercury browser would let you save font preferences like perfect browser though.

Update: just turned off private mode and that worked!

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
How do I turn that off?
Thanks for your quick reply. Now I'm typing on mercury browser since that's the only one that let me log in.

I wish mercury browser would let you save font preferences like perfect browser though.

Update: just turned off private mode and that worked!

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
How do I turn that off?

In perfect browser, press the gear at top of tool bar. Half way down in drop down menu, says turn off private mode.

Now I can log into sites. The nice thing about safari was that I could keep private on and still log into sites.

Rezzaga

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2011
Which browser are you talking about? Top or bottom?.. Thanks
imageeuop.jpg

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
Another plus of the Perfect Browser: pass code functionality. This browser is now my official NSFW browser without the fear of some embarrassing site showing up in the auto fill when someone is like "ooooh! Cool ipad! Can I see it?"

They can just use safari.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Think I will stick with this browser for awhile myself. Glad someone resurrected the thread.

----------

Do you know how to open URL in new tab? I liked that feature in safari.

Just hit the small plus sign. Works for me. The plus is in white and the background is light blue.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Just installed Perfect Browser. I like it! Set font override to 150, and then imported all of my Safari Bookmarks to it. I think I'm gonna like this....

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
how much does this browser cost?

2.99. you might want to try mercury browser as well, its free. Now I'm leaning towards that one. I just got my mini so I prob wont decide until another week or so. giving both a try.

FYI - you can have passcode lock on both. its in settings.

----------

Think I will stick with this browser for awhile myself. Glad someone resurrected the thread.

----------

Just hit the small plus sign. Works for me. The plus is in white and the background is light blue.

thanks for reply. I meant when there is a hyperlink, and you hold it down in safari and can open in new tab. UPDATE: I see in perfect browser you have to hold it down LONGER than safari or mercury browser.

I noticed that in mercury browser, if you increase font size, there is less distance between text lines which is an advantage! Perfect browser spaces out text lines too far apart when increasing font size. However I like the interface of perfect browser better. Cleaner looking.

Last edited:

Quantus

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
With Perfect, I'm noticing frequent crashes when visiting graphic intensive websites. Anyone else?

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
I think I prefer Mercury- it's cleaner, free, and has very similar functionality, if not the same? For a $3 app Perfect seems pretty buggy to me. All of my bookmarks didn't import completely (same exact process worked great on Mercury) and the lock screen is cleaner and matches the homepage lock screen. Perfect browser the lock screen always shows up in different corners of the screen for some reason.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Ugh if only there were a permanent font increase for Safari. The bookmark is awesome, except every time I go to next page I have to hit it 2-3 times again to make a forum readable. I'll try Perfect Browser, maybe, but I like the speed of Safari and the fact that it's free!!

Quantus

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
I use Atomic. Instead of a universal font increase, I increase the size if a particular site needs it the 'save font for site'. It has a more polished look and feel then the Perfect browser.

A single font increase in Atomic goes from 100% to 150%. No intermediate stages. 150% is too big for me.

The latest version of Chrome for Android supports automatic font resizing. Hopefully, it will be updated with the same feature for ios.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.