Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
iTunes Tomorrow?

I know that Apple is going on holiday tomorrow, but would the current outage of iMessage and FaceTime possibly be linked to Apple prepping themselves for iTunes 11?

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010
No iTunes until next year. It was leaked a while back on Twitter by an inside source. WHat they said has happened to a T so there is no reason to doubt them.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Hello. I've been following this thread. I think I just want iTunes more than you do.

I hope it comes out someday.

Unless...

Well, I think that's it, then.

Lol! I've been expecting some like this...

----------

anyway... i'm really anticipating it will be released sometime next week, but i'm kinda prepaired to be disappointed

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 202

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
No iTunes until next year. It was leaked a while back on Twitter by an inside source. WHat they said has happened to a T so there is no reason to doubt them.

I don't think that is so. If they knew about this in October, why would Apple make themselves look worse by extending the release date to November, and then delay it again?

I think that the recent outage of iCloud is Apple preparing for a iTunes 11 release sometime this month. Furthermore, I've learned not to trust inside sources - anybody remember the rumors of the iPhone 5 in 2011?

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
I don't think that is so. If they knew about this in October, why would Apple make themselves look worse by extending the release date to November, and then delay it again?

I think that the recent outage of iCloud is Apple preparing for a iTunes 11 release sometime this month. Furthermore, I've learned not to trust inside sources - anybody remember the rumors of the iPhone 5 in 2011?

He's been trolling by making stuff up.

s.horsfield

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2011
New Zealand
Just to let people know the biggest changes to iTunes I can remember in years have just happened to my store (The New Zealand one, where I live). Music pricing has changed, TV shows have launched and the iBook store is fully rolled out. Maybe it doesn't mean anything or maybe it's a glitch. But I figure it could have something to do with it

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
some people think it could be out this week which i doubt it because apple is now on vacation mode unless eddy happens to be around and pushes the switch to allow us to download iTunes 11.

whadditidone

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
The Russian iTunes Store just launched, maybe there are some folks still working in the iTunes division? It seems totally possible that we could get it this week. It'll come when it comes, though.

Variant

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
They must have some staff on to ensure that no server issues occur, shuttering all of Apple's networks. If the programers/engineers finished iTunes at the end of last week, it could be released Wednesday. Not sure how likely that is, but certainly it is not impossible.

Rocks.

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
Maybe they'll release it on Thanksgiving day so they give us something to be thankful for. Seems appropriate.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
the earliest they gonna give us iTunes11 will be monday november 26th and latest friday november 30th and thats if we are not getting another delay.

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
here's hoping the delay is due to improving itunes match and allowing paying customers to be use it with libraries over 25000.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
iTunes '11

As much as I've been hearing enough bitching and moaning about this new iTunes, I'm super excited for a new look, only because we've had the same look for a while. Now I know I'm not the only one who's excited. Who's with me here? What are you guys looking forward to with iTunes 11.

thedeejay

(if its in the wrong place, feel free to move it mods)

The Bulge

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Up your ass.
As much as I've been hearing enough bitching and moaning about this new iTunes, I'm super excited for a new look, only because we've had the same look for a while. Now I know I'm not the only one who's excited. Who's with me here? What are you guys looking forward to with iTunes 11.

thedeejay

(if its in the wrong place, feel free to move it mods)

Heavy iTunes user. All the new features and new look are very welcome, just thinking now what features they are going to take away.

skysailing

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Maybe they'll release it on Thanksgiving day so they give us something to be thankful for. Seems appropriate.

Apple is not that nice.

----------

It could be worse ya'll.
It could've been delayed from October to November.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Where is the "Coming in November" sticker?

I keep on refreshing but don't see it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• iTunes11.png
    iTunes11.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,069
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.