Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shep21

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
I got an email about the iPad mini on the 2nd of November (Thursday) and one for the macbook pro 13'' on the 8th (Friday). Thats 1 Apple product a week. So perhaps this Friday the 16th they'll release the iMac 21.5''.

mihai.ile

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Why's the buyer guide been updated if you can't physically purchase one yet?

I also thought of that when they were announced. They should update the days when you can actually place an order. I mean one-two weeks before announcement and orders is not much of a issue but when we are talking months.... (it seems to be at least one month for the 21.5, not to mention the 27)

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
I also thought of that when they were announced. They should update the days when you can actually place an order. I mean one-two weeks before announcement and orders is not much of a issue but when we are talking months.... (it seems to be at least one month for the 21.5, not to mention the 27)

Imac 21.5" for 1Q-2013 and 27" for 2Q-2013

KimHatton

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2011
Imac 2013?

does the French site that is reporting this delay rumor have any track record of rumors that turned out to be true???

I wish someone could answer that but today's Mac World are casting doubts on a pre Christmas release and quoting French resellers. I'd expect pre-orders by the end of this month on at least the 21" if models are going to arrive for Christmas - allowing for a 2 to 3 week window.

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Anyone else think that Apple are delaying until after Black Friday?

Aybe Apple is at a point where they dont care about Thanksgiving, Black Friday or anything else... They judt want it out there...

Personally i think its either Tuesday or the week after, if November..

Dillus

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
Can someone please tell me why the iMac got a green light in the Macrumors buyer's guide? It possibly won't be available for purchase for another 2 months, for crying out loud. Yet the buyer's guide says "buy now".

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Can someone please tell me why the iMac got a green light in the Macrumors buyer's guide? It possibly won't be available for purchase for another 2 months, for crying out loud. Yet the buyer's guide says "buy now".

:confused::confused::confused::confused: The want to give us hopes, but it's desperating

gCraft0r

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Do they release it on a tuesday in each country? Or the USA tuesday is first then it goes online at each other store?

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008

I absolutely agree with you on this one. I think the buyer's guide is fundamentally flawed in this respect. It should green light only once the product is actively available to purchase. It's quite misleading really.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009

I react to this as well. It really doesn't make sense. It is now they should write "don't buy, updates soon!" Which would be more suited the current situation.

Grockel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Devon, UK
It is an interesting question for those who run this site.

(i) If Apple announced an updated product at an event, for launch in 24 months time......would this website change the light to green, and say 'buy now' ? and

(ii) when it did become available in 24 months would it be labelled as 730 days old, and red flagged, with 'don't buy' label ?

I therefore agree that is very misleading to suggest that you should buy a product that has not yet been made available

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.