Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iNeedAnsurs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
Im trying to add & subtract user inputs . Couple text fields , and labels , maybe some tabs ... Thanks for your help in advance :cool:

chambord

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
Im trying to add & subtract user inputs . Couple text fields , and labels , maybe some tabs ... Thanks for your help in advance :cool:

You need to get a book and read through it and work through the examples. You shouldn't keep making these ridiculous threads asking extremely vague questions and expect any reasonable help. Go do your own work. Don't be lazy.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Is it possible to add fields ?

Fields as in text fields or fields as in members of a class?

You can subclass either a UILabel or a UITextField to give them whatever variables you need them to have.

UITextFields can be dropped in your storyboards or xibs wherever you please.

UITextFields are for user input. UILabels are for output. The text box you type your response in is like a UITextField. You may edit your response. The text box where you see my message to you (right here) is like a UILabel - you, a common user, cannot edit what I have said, you can only read it.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Using an Hashtag on an forum, I find that quite saddening.
None the less, the things you want to learn is basic Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
How do I get info from UITextFields, what kind of info do I want, numbers, text.
What will I try to validate from the fields, give output to user on the fly, or only after they pressed a button, and so on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.