Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philipfreire

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Apple’s redesigned iMac launches not delayed until 2013, still on track for November-December

According to our sources, Apple’s already announced plans for November and December launches of the redesigned 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac lines are still on track. This refutes a report from French site MacBidouille which claimed that both the new 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs would see their respective launches delayed until 2013.

Our sources say that Apple is already shipping new 21.5-inch iMacs to its distribution hubs across the United States and several other countries across the world. These sources also expect the 21.5-inch computers to be available to order from Apple’s online store by the end of this month. It is also likely that the new models will reach Apple’s physical retail stores by the end of November. More details after the break:

The 27-inch version seems to still be launching in December, as Apple announced, and even though these higher-end models are expected to launch in December, our sources say that there is a high chance that they will be available to order from Apple’s online store at the same time, or around the same time, as the 21.5-inch models.

Our sources also say that the new iMacs, at launch, will be in relatively short supply, mainly outside of the United States. Apple CEO Tim Cook, during Apple’s latest earnings call, noted the expected iMac shortages:

On the iMac we’ll be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way… there will be a short amount of time to manufacturer and ramp those and I expect demand to be robust… we will have a significant shortage.

With all of that said, the important part to emphasize is that these machines will very likely meet Apple’s November and December launch expectations, and will not be delayed into next year as others have reported.

Source: 9to5Mac

http://9to5mac.com/2012/11/19/apples-redesigned-imac-launches-not-delayed-until-2013-still-on-track-for-november-december/

This should put those rumors to rest. :) patience is a virtue.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Apple’s redesigned iMac launches not delayed until 2013, still on track for November-December

According to our sources, Apple’s already announced plans for November and December launches of the redesigned 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac lines are still on track. This refutes a report from French site MacBidouille which claimed that both the new 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs would see their respective launches delayed until 2013.

Our sources say that Apple is already shipping new 21.5-inch iMacs to its distribution hubs across the United States and several other countries across the world. These sources also expect the 21.5-inch computers to be available to order from Apple’s online store by the end of this month. It is also likely that the new models will reach Apple’s physical retail stores by the end of November. More details after the break:

The 27-inch version seems to still be launching in December, as Apple announced, and even though these higher-end models are expected to launch in December, our sources say that there is a high chance that they will be available to order from Apple’s online store at the same time, or around the same time, as the 21.5-inch models.

Our sources also say that the new iMacs, at launch, will be in relatively short supply, mainly outside of the United States. Apple CEO Tim Cook, during Apple’s latest earnings call, noted the expected iMac shortages:

On the iMac we’ll be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way… there will be a short amount of time to manufacturer and ramp those and I expect demand to be robust… we will have a significant shortage.

With all of that said, the important part to emphasize is that these machines will very likely meet Apple’s November and December launch expectations, and will not be delayed into next year as others have reported.

Source: 9to5Mac

http://9to5mac.com/2012/11/19/apple...il-2013-still-on-track-for-november-december/

This should put those rumors to rest. :) patience is a virtue.

What do you think, will the demand of 21'5" be higher than the 27"???

philipfreire

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Reading this story, demand and shortage will not be a big issue for the United States as you guys will be getting the majority of the units. International customers (Canadians like myself) will be waiting but hopefully not long.

As for demand over the 21" and 27", I haven't seen the sales numbers of previous iMac sales to give you an accurate answer.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Reading this story, demand and shortage will not be a big issue for the United States as you guys will be getting the majority of the units. International customers (Canadians like myself) will be waiting but hopefully not long.

As for demand over the 21" and 27", I haven't seen the sales numbers of previous iMac sales to give you an accurate answer.

The gain of Apple in Europe for each computer is pretty higher than in the USA because they set prices with a parity euro-dollar when all of we know that 1€=>1.3$ so I hope this would be consider by Apple avoiding long waits here.

maverick72

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2009
No its not. Get your facts straight before posting bull like that.

US and Canadian prices do NOT include TAXES while EU prices do.

If there is a difference its not as big as you make it sound.

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
No its not. Get your facts straight before posting bull like that.

US and Canadian prices do NOT include TAXES while EU prices do.

If there is a difference its not as big as you make it sound.

The price of the same imac in US is about 33% less than the UK ones.
£1124 for the low-end 27 inch in the US, and £1499 in the UK.
And UK apple stores have the average price of Apple products across the EU.

If you are correct, Americans have REALLY high tax I suppose.

Anyway, the price difference is about a quarter, I'm humbly guessing.
Not complaining, life's unfair.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
The price of the same imac in US is about 33% less than the UK ones.
£1124 for the low-end 27 inch in the US, and £1499 in the UK.
And UK apple stores have the average price of Apple products across the EU.

If you are correct, Americans have REALLY high tax I suppose.

Anyway, the price difference is about a quarter, I'm humbly guessing.
Not complaining, life's unfair.

Prices in Europe are around extra-20%, this is a fact, nobody can deny this. Excluding the taxes of course

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I hope that this report is accurate. It certainly fits with Apple's not changing the "coming in Nov./Dec." labels in the Apple Store online. If, as Phillie86 points out, the supply constraint will be greater outside the U.S., there may have been a kernel panic of truth to MacBidouille's story. It still bothers me how widely and without question it was picked up, though.

freshe

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2012
Release date Nov-Dec. When exactly the very last day of Nov and the very last day of Dec ?

GrooveOn

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2011
Release date Nov-Dec. When exactly the very last day of Nov and the very last day of Dec ?

Let's bank on the last day of the month, and if it comes earlier lets consider it a bonus! No need to fret unless the 1st of December comes around and there is no movement!:cool:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
The delay rumor from that french site was full of crap!

Hope so. I'd believe 9to5Mac over that site for sure. I never did really buy that rumor because why would Apple announce the new iMacs and that they were shipping Nov/Dec if they were still perfecting the manufacturing. It's not like the iPhone 5 where there is a huge demand issue.

----------

I hope that this report is accurate. It certainly fits with Apple's not changing the "coming in Nov./Dec." labels in the Apple Store online. If, as Phillie86 points out, the supply constraint will be greater outside the U.S., there may have been a kernel panic of truth to MacBidouille's story. It still bothers me how widely and without question it was picked up, though.

Right now anything that might be bad news for Apple gets widely reported. Part of the reason their stock has taken a none dive since iPhone 5 was released.

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
I told you guys macbidouille was as trustworthy as Digitimes... :D

Great news indeed. Especially about the 27"s that might be available to order!! Yay!

Tri-stan

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
If you were going to buy one of these new iMacs would it be better to hold off to avoid any manufacturing defects or is Apple better than that?

Phx08

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2012
I do hope that everyone who elected to buy a Windows 8 PC as a result of that rumor is nothing short of thrilled with their purchase.

Also the people who elected for the Mini (not as bad...but still mentionable)

-------------------

I hope this is true!

MojoRisinSD

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2012
If you were going to buy one of these new iMacs would it be better to hold off to avoid any manufacturing defects or is Apple better than that?

I can't comment if this new iMac will have any initial issues... but as a regular "early adopter", I have not been disappointed yet. If there are any issues with the first batch, that is what the warranty is for!

CoolSpot

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
I think if we're going to see anything, its going to happen this week. Apple can't miss black friday for having both models in stores, even if the 27" model is order-only. :cool:

Phx08

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2012

Like with anything you will have certain units that are not within the control charts and become outliers. This can happen at any point in the life cycle of a product, such is quality. However, Apple is pretty good with building their products with high tolerance.

The average failure rate for Apple products is around 17% (this number is most likely skewed but gives some sort of a figure)...only Apple would know the true defect rate

As for those outliers...warranty.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.