Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CatsTide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
I have run into a problem with a few DVD'a that I'm trying to rip. When I select the disk to rip it scans the disk then when I start it,it takes a few seconds then ends saying it's complete. Of course the end product is only a few seconds long.Is there a way around this? Maybe selecting some separate files on the disk to rip? The disk in particular that I'm working on now is Angels and Demons if that might help.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I don't think Handbrake can decrypt. Have you decrypted the disc?

Jim.R

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012
UK
Try ripping the DVD with MakeMKV first, then using Handbrake on the MKV file. Worked for me on the few disks that Handbrake didn't want to play nicely with,

CatsTide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Try ripping the DVD with MakeMKV first, then using Handbrake on the MKV file. Worked for me on the few disks that Handbrake didn't want to play nicely with,

The op has decss since it only happens on 3 or 4 disks. If not HB would not rip *any* dvds.

Try Open Source Title Specific ... it works on angels and demons (and frankly anything else I can think of).

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/SupportFAQ#titlespecificscan

Thanks guys. The MakeMKV worked for me on this one. I tried the Title specific method first but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks again...I'll remember both of these tips for the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.