Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsduke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I want to transfer my upgrade that has unlimited to a line that does not and buy I subsidized iPhone 5 on it. I then want to switch the devices to my wife's line that is still unlimited. Will this work while keeping the 2 unlimited data lines unscathed?

Current status
1 - IP5 - unlimited **eligible
1 - IP4 - unlimited
1 - IP4 - 2 gb data * line I want to transfer upgrade to and buy under

Future status I'm looking for
2 - IP5 - unlimited
1 - IP4 - 2 gb data

Also, do I have the choice of doing this online or store? Our local store has inventory.

Thanks.

tsduke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I know. I searched and have yet to find this scenario. For example, that thread you linked to says I need at least on dumb phone line to transfer the upgrade to. I have a 2gb data line I want to transfer to.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I know. I searched and have yet to find this scenario. For example, that thread you linked to says I need at least on dumb phone line to transfer the upgrade to. I have a 2gb data line I want to transfer to.

For things like this I usually call VZW. They're going to know what your end game is but they're still going to answer your question.

tsduke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
The above mentioned link helped me either in one of the most irritating issue occurring.
Thanks, a lot.

Problem there is you can't trust the answers because it's different between reps. Surely someone on this forum has done it and can answer for sure.

tsduke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Found out the store had a good stock now so went to store and got a rep that was pretty good. He did the upgrade exactly as I stated and all is GOOD.

bostonsox

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2012
Found out the store had a good stock now so went to store and got a rep that was pretty good. He did the upgrade exactly as I stated and all is GOOD.

Hey tsduke, just to confirm, you were able to maintain unlimited data on the 'donor' line?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.