Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feeth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Wi-fi version Camera conn kit, cheap sleeve and case. After fees enough to pay for mini 16.

feeth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Just wanted to pass on the info to others that might want to do the same.

Paid in full w PayPal as soon as the auction ended.

I estimate about $48 in eBay and PayPal fees. Shipping was charged as actual. My take should be $357.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The point here is to show that there are more suckers on eBay than there are on CL.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Going to feel bad for the OP when the buyer gets the iPad and files a claim for it being an empty box.

ilugram

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
I sold my 32gb wifi iPad 2 on CL with just the standard cable and charger for $400 and don't think that's unreasonable at all.

VFC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
SE PA.
Just wanted to pass on the info to others that might want to do the same.

Paid in full w PayPal as soon as the auction ended.

I estimate about $48 in eBay and PayPal fees. Shipping was charged as actual. My take should be $357.

Take was $357 minus the cost of the Camera conn kit, cheap sleeve, case, and sales tax. So even with finding an idiot to pay $417 for a old technology device with a year plus battery wear, your take is closer to $250.

People tend to overstate how much they get back on resell.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Going to feel bad for the OP when the buyer gets the iPad and files a claim for it being an empty box.

Bull ****. I am sick of people here downing eBay simply because a) they have no experience with it and go by false rumors b) they hope sellers will list at dirt cheap prices in the MR marketplace so that they can score a ridiculous deal. I've been selling on eBay for a decade and have had zero issues with buyers. I have sold at least 100 Apple products in that timespan. In my experience, scamming the seller is not very common, it's usually the other way around - which is why I don't buy Apple products from eBay anymore. You can make way more selling on eBay, even with fees, than you can here, but I do recommend people buy here instead of eBay. What's funny is, at least eBay and PayPal offer some seller protection, whereas here- there is none.

mfr1340

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
n. cal
seller protection, whereas here- there is none

Bull ****. I am sick of people here downing eBay simply because a) they have no experience with it and go by false rumors b) they hope sellers will list at dirt cheap prices in the MR marketplace so that they can score a ridiculous deal. I've been selling on eBay for a decade and have had zero issues with buyers. I have sold at least 100 Apple products in that timespan. In my experience, scamming the seller is not very common, it's usually the other way around - which is why I don't buy Apple products from eBay anymore. You can make way more selling on eBay, even with fees, than you can here, but I do recommend people buy here instead of eBay. What's funny is, at least eBay and PayPal offer some seller protection, whereas here- there is none.

that is because this isn't a selling place. And I don't think you sold over 100 apple devices there, or that you ever owned 100 apple items.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010

wow someone needs to calm down a bit.

I am just saying I have had it happen to me before and I haven't sold anything on ebay since. Not saying it happens every time someone sells something but I feel like it happens more frequently with apple products.

I pretty much only sell local on craigslist anyway.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
that is because this isn't a selling place. And I don't think you sold over 100 apple devices there, or that you ever owned 100 apple items.

Uh... the Marketplace here on MR is a "selling place". Yes, I have sold over 100 Apple products. I didn't say devices. I've sold around 20 Macs, about two dozen iPods and iPhones, a few iPads, and random Apple products like Smart Covers and other accessories. I go through Apple products like water -- I like buying, trying, and selling a few months later when I move on to the next gen. You obviously don't know me. Nice red herring, but it won't work, though. Back on topic -- if people feel like listening to you, they can go ahead. Meanwhile, I will continue selling on eBay and making more profit than you otherwise would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.