Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone5.jpg
Digitimes reports that Apple's suppliers will enjoy a particularly strong 1st Quarter of 2013. The reason cited is due to new iPad and iPhone products "around the middle of 2013".
Apple is expected to introduce its next-generation iPad and iPhone series around the middle of 2013, which will boost demand for ICs in particular communications related chips during the latter half of the first quarter, according to the observers. Component orders placed by Apple, which climbed to high levels prior to the iPhone 5 rollout, will rise again between March and April, the observers indicated.
The "middle of 2013" claim is offered very matter-of-factly despite Apple's recent history of offering fall releases for the iPhone and now the iPad. For example, the iPhone 5 and iPad 4 launched in September and October, respectively.

The claim is somewhat consistent with another report that reported that Apple is already starting trial production of the iPhone 5S with volume production planned for early 2013.

Still, we are hesitant to read too much into this report just yet. Digitimes has had a mixed record in the past with its share of both hits and misses. If the iPhone and iPad launch will indeed be accelerated, we are certain to hear more in the coming months.

Article Link: Next iPad and iPhone Due in "Middle of 2013"?

AJH1993

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Really dislike how Apple releases new stuff in 1 year or in a half year. Because they know people have the "I need the latest and greatest" mindset.

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
The part rampups could just be a longer production run before release. The typical indicator though will be when they announce iOS 7 for developers. If it happens around March, then sure, summer for a new phone. If iOS 7 beta appears in June/July, then it will probably be a September release.

Whatever it is, it will be my next phone. Decided the 4S would be my 2 year phone, soon to be on T-Mobile.

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2009
well well digitimes... no one needs to be a genius to understand that March-April is the period for iPad every year and end of summer/fall for iPhone :rolleyes:

and these guys pretend to be journalists :rolleyes:

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
I just heard any even better rumor on the train today:

Digitimes is now reporting that Apple will also be releasing a new iPad in one of four quarters in 2014

arbitter

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2010
Belgium
Do hope it's true, they really need a boost to gain back the advantage against the competition. Although I do hope this doesn't mean the changes will be minor. I'm in need for something revolutionary again.

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
stopped reading at 'Digitimes reports'
Digitimes is usually factually correct, just temporally incorrect. They get a lot of component level leaks, but sometimes it for stuff Apple is just stockpiling, or they don't quite guess what device a part is for.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
I just heard any even better rumor on the train today:

Digitimes is reporting that Apple will be releasing a new iPad in one of four quarters in 2014

The janitor at Cupertino told me that there is one iPad coming out in each quarter of 2013 ;)

jmcrutch

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Early 2013 = Jan thru April
Middle 2013 = May thru August
Late 2013 = Sept thru Dec

So by my own accounting Apple could release these in late August and that would be "middle of next year." Wow. What an incredible rumor! Can it be real! Wow!

[sarcasm]

uknowimright

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2011
remember when digitimes came up with that stupid 2 ipads in a year rumor that everyone ridiculed because it was so dumb to come true and then it did?

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
What could they realistically introduce with the next iPhone? There's no way they could 2X the CPU right now, or make many major enhancements. I'm doubting this rumor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.