Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Been using my new "smoke" colored Joy Factory SmartFit for a few days. I'd sum it up by be saying.... "eh". It's ok, but nothing special.

It's fits well, and stays secure, and allows a Smart Cover. That's the good.

Color is more of a brown than I'd like, despite being labeled as "smoke" color. I was hope for a gray tone. It's a little thicker than it should be for an ultra light protection case. It also scratches VERY easily. I've had it for 3 days and it's full of scratches. That doesn't really bother me, but many hate that (kind of like the Speck Smartshells). The other thing I'm not fond of is that it's pretty slippery. I prefer something with the grainier consistency - like an Incipio SmartFeather or Belkin Smart Shield, but they haven't come out with those for the Mini yet. When those are availabe, I will certainly swap this one out.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 106
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 84
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 82

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Yeah, I'm with you on that. I like the "matte" finish better than these glossy back covers. They get slippery and they scratch way too easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.