Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yespi

macrumors member
May 28, 2007
I've tried that for the past two nights and tonight as well. Nothing. No 32GB WiFi only.

The five Apple Stores in my city only have cellular versions of the iPad mini available.

From the looks of it they're not going to have any 32GB WiFi iPad minis tomorrow either. I'm going to buy a sealed iPad mini from Craigslist and pay the extra $30 at this point. I'm extremely impatient and tired of waiting.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/ele/3419458301.html

Thanks to all the foreigners for buying up all of our gadgets in my country for cheap and hauling it to their **** country.

I see that the posting was already removed.

Also make sure it's not from the stolen iPad's at JFK. Apple might go after you.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
You have some serious issues.

as do you....

----------

Yeah, that'll teach them to mess with you. :rolleyes:

as i stated up thread: it will make me feel better....

i was venting over this whole fiasco of a nonPREorder..... i know it won't hurt big, bad apple one way or the other...

and now with this clearance BS (yet another person at apple who could do their job properly by including the proper paperwork)....

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
as do you....

----------

as i stated up thread: it will make me feel better....

i was venting over this whole fiasco of a nonPREorder..... i know it won't hurt big, bad apple one way or the other...

and now with this clearance BS (yet another person at apple who could do their job properly by including the proper paperwork)....

nonPREorder, hit the nail right on the head.

Apple knows that the customer base is NOT happy.
The help desk is comping between 0-$50 internal costs (on a basic order) to raise customer satisfaction.

If I wanted a cover or a game I would have ordered it, but I would like to know why the delays.

Sales and support are clueless, and Apple keeps their great wall of silence.
Nobody has the straight story in writing as to why all the various screw-ups.

My LTE model is currently sitting at 7:22 this morning in the FedEx terminal which is 10 miles from our business.

While it did miss the first truck loading at 4:30AM it could make any of the other business deliveries.

Oh and it missed the morning load out because it was INTENTIONALLY held at Newark Airport from leaving at 10:10pm until 3:20am

I could understand one shoe-box sized package getting over looked, but there are pallets of these things being delivered all over the area.

I cannot pick it up at the terminal, and it will not be delivered until tomorrow.

Apple with an electronic shipping keystroke could have released it, but will not, and there is no apparent reason why.

To everyone still waiting I hope your units arrive soon and are flawless.

EDIT Update.

It wasn't reflected on the FedEx web site but at 9:45 I received notification that it has been released for delivery. So unless the truck starts driving around in circles it might be here one day earlier than promised.

Last edited:

ralphdaily

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Memphis minis released

The undocumented minis held hostage at Memphis by customs on Sunday have now been released. Guess Apple came through with the paperwork at 8:33 am Memphis time. Delivery still says Wed am, maybe I'll get it on Tuesday here in Birmingham

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2011
Québec City, QC, Canada
On vehicle for delivery! Yay!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 102

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I may have to join this thread tomorrow night...Let's hope not and I can do instore pick up tomorrow night instead....or maybe get even luckier and pick one up in store tonight when I go to Apple store to camp out.

ettd88

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2012
The undocumented minis held hostage at Memphis by customs on Sunday have now been released. Guess Apple came through with the paperwork at 8:33 am Memphis time. Delivery still says Wed am, maybe I'll get it on Tuesday here in Birmingham

Mine still says held by customs look can you post your history please

Where did you get the info that they were realeased?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 98

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland
My 32gb att white mini has taken the whole weekend to go from China to Japan. I think it just left Narito-shi Japan. Says delivery of NEXT Monday. I ordered day of (oct 26).

I'm resorting to living vicariously through those receiving them. Post pics and whether you're pleased if possible! I want to know if this frustrating debacle was worth it.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
My 32gb att white mini has taken the whole weekend to go from China to Japan. I think it just left Narito-shi Japan. Says delivery of NEXT Monday. I ordered day of (oct 26).

I'm resorting to living vicariously through those receiving them. Post pics and whether you're pleased if possible! I want to know if this frustrating debacle was worth it.

Hang in there. It's worth it to me. This device is so light, thin and beautiful. LTE is super fast. I'm pleased. :)

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
Just delivered in NYC, a day (according to FedEx estimate) early.

And boy, the box sure did look like it went from Shaghai, to AK, to NJ, then to TN, then through PA back to NJ, then onto the truck for NYC delivery. =0

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland
Hang in there. It's worth it to me. This device is so light, thin and beautiful. LTE is super fast. I'm pleased. :)

Yay great! I was hoping! Spending a little more to get the LTE was worth it to me. Glad I didn't skimp. Thanks!! Enjoy it! Ill have my fingers crossed that it will arrive earlier than Monday.

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2011
Québec City, QC, Canada
Just delivered in NYC, a day (according to FedEx estimate) early.

And boy, the box sure did look like it went from Shaghai, to AK, to NJ, then to TN, then through PA back to NJ, then onto the truck for NYC delivery. =0

No damage to the device I hope? I was already worried that I'll get a bad unit because it'll take a month or more to get a replacement at the rate things are going.

Phima256

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cleveland

Annnnd now it is in Sennan-shi JP. I hope this is the last city on the tour before coming to the states.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
No damage to the device I hope? I was already worried that I'll get a bad unit because it'll take a month or more to get a replacement at the rate things are going.

Nope! None at all, just the exterior brown box was mangey.

Of note though, and no real surprise, the back of the black model is a fingerprint magnet man! Like, if you just look at it funny a smudge shows up.

Gopiballava

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012

Not all of them! Mine is still listed as held up. Just spoke with a CSR, he spoke with International Priority Distribution, and they said that it might take another day for this to be resolved - likely delaying package by another day.

Last night on the phone I mentioned that I'd read on forums about people getting free smart covers, and the CSR added one to my order without hesitation. Today, when I expressed unhappiness that it appears my mini probably won't arrive until Friday, he reminded me that Apple had comped me a smart cover already. (I didn't ask for anything *else*, I simply expressed my disappointment).

Detailed tracking info:
11/18/2012 - Sunday
2:52 pm Clearance delay - Import MEMPHIS, TN
10:35 am In transit MEMPHIS, TN Package available for clearance
- 11/17/2012 - Saturday
11:12 pm International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN
11:01 pm In transit SHANGHAI CN
9:48 pm Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

luis103

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
my iPad mini LTE (At&t) is still in Memphis.... :mad:

are people arleady receiving the At&t model?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.