Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Debating between these two, although the Omega's are growing on me more and more. It'll be my first watch of this magnitude.

I'd definitely pick the Carrera over the Omega any day. Personally. Two entirely different watch categories though.

velo

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008
For myself I'd choose the Omega because it's understated, elegant and wearable for any occasion.

They are both excellent watch companies however and I've owned Tag in the past. The choice is really up to your personal preference.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Feels like the Omega's design has been around for ever.

Which isn't necessarily a bad sign - why change an excellent design? I just love my regular Speedy Pro. Can see myself buying the Alaska though but not quite sure about white dials.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'd definitely pick the Carrera over the Omega any day. Personally. Two entirely different watch categories though.

That's true of course. Josh220 should definitely try them out in real. Personally, I'm not too fond of both models posted. They look somewhat overloaded imho. And for me a Seamaster needs a Navy strap.

Last edited:

joelk2

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
My most recent a nixon 42-20 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352118016.313118.jpg

soulniz

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2012
I just made almost this exact decision. I love that Tag, but everyone I talked to that knew timepieces said go Omega. So I did.

That's a beautiful watch you got there. The Planet Ocean is among my favorite watches, and I hope someday I'll be able to buy one of my own.

Ryan T.

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2005
Rochester, NY
That's a beautiful watch you got there. The Planet Ocean is among my favorite watches, and I hope someday I'll be able to buy one of my own.

Thank you! It's my first Swiss Automatic and I'm very excited. I was pretty well set on the classic 300M Co-axial, but saw this one for just a little more and fell in love.

Csmitte

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Here is my current, hoping to sell it, and buy a Nixon.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 101

Croox

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2012
Chicago Illinois
The Timex is a dress watch I wear out on fancy occasions, the other one is a Doxa 300T Searambler, circa late 60s, its the one I wear the most

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 87

ChrisMan287

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2012
NY.
Are there any watches out there for guys like me with big wrists? I love me a nice watch but can never find one that fits..

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Mine is an Omega Speedmaster Professional.

Great watch! Love to wind it up every single morning. My only concern is the contemporary bracelet....it looked better before imho. But it's also one of few items that look actually better with a black leather strap and white seams. Going to get one this christmas probably.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Great watch! Love to wind it up every single morning. My only concern is the contemporary bracelet....it looked better before imho. But it's also one of few items that look actually better with a black leather strap and white seams. Going to get one this christmas probably.

It was given to me by my father, it was his favourite watch. I wind it up every single morning too, never miss a day :)

Scotty Dont

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2012
What are people's thoughts on Invicta watches?I feel like it could never hold a candle to my Carrera. But until I can afford my Seamaster, I'd like something with a steel band for occasions that the Tag won't do.

Josh220

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
What are people's thoughts on Invicta watches?I feel like it could never hold a candle to my Carrera. But until I can afford my Seamaster, I'd like something with a steel band for occasions that the Tag won't do.

This is a pretty good read about Invicta and why they are so cheap:

http://onethousandways.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Are-Invicta-Watches-so-Cheap

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.