Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fabmum1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum :D

i have a iphone 4 which is 2yrs old and has never had a problem up until 3 weeks ago when i had to get a new screen took it to a local guy who i do trust as he has replaced my sons ipod touch screen twice, both times my son dropped his ipod :eek: anyway i was playing bejeweled and the screen just went crazy then white i've been looking online for a solution and have been trying pressing both the home and power buttons at the same time but nothing :confused:the screen goes black then white again with some coloured lines down it, i can hear it connecting to itunes.

somebody please help :confused:

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
faulty LCD screen. I replaced one on my girlfriends 3GS once and it was white right off the bat. Sent it back to the company to get another and it worked just fine. Take it back to your guy

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Multiple choice question for what you think it might be:

(a) bad screen replacement
(b) steve jobs trying to reincarnate into your iphone
(c) you took it to the washroom and the stank got into the iphone so its now giving you payback
(d) skymall is taking over the world, starting with your phone

I know it's a hard question, but once you figure it out then I'm sure the solution will be easy and simple.

tvith

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
Multiple choice question for what you think it might be:

(a) bad screen replacement
(b) steve jobs trying to reincarnate into your iphone
(c) you took it to the washroom and the stank got into the iphone so its now giving you payback
(d) skymall is taking over the world, starting with your phone

I know it's a hard question, but once you figure it out then I'm sure the solution will be easy and simple.

If everyone could figure out the problem on their own then these forums wouldn't exist so an easier solution would have been what mattroman246 did...by answering the question than wasting time with sarcasm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.