Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
err....They look like circus stunt knives...:D

Well they are Guy Fieri knives. He's a little flashy.

0706-guy-fieri-ex.jpg

GuyFieri.jpg

Guy-Fieri-Response-to-Pete-Wells-Prompts-Debate.jpg

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Whoever the hell he is, he definitely is strange. Apparently he markets the knives, so the look of them is not really a shock.

Bottom-line: If you ever think about buying a new pinny for your crowded kitchen, please pay a short visit to MR first.

:p

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Whoever the hell he is, he definitely is strange. Apparently he markets the knives, so the look of them is not really a shock.

Guy Fieri has a couple of shows on the Food Network. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is probably the best. He goes around to small unique style restaurants and taste their food.

He's also the host of a game show, but I forget the name of it.

I turned off my cable so I don't get the food network anymore. My food cravings have been curbed.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
couldn't resist

"Who said that he doesn't like my knives."

Attachments

• shrink.jpg
    shrink.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
"Who said that he doesn't like my knifes."

Literally laughed out loud!!:D

Nice one, Mate!

Bottom-line: If you ever think about buying a new pinny for your crowded kitchen, please pay a short visit to MR first.

:p

OK, I've embarrassed myself totally, so what's a little more.

What's a "pinny".:confused:

I'm sure I should know, but this is my day (actually, one of many) to display my stupidity.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
6898698_bundle_1122E.png

And

samsung-galaxy-s-iii-1.jpg

Both from Best Buys Online Black Friday sales. Looks like someone won't be camping outside BestBuy this Thursday night :p

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Literally laughed out loud!!:D

Nice one, Mate!

I'm sure I should know, but this is my day (actually, one of many) to display my stupidity.

"(old-fashioned) (also informal pinny) (both BrE) a long loose piece of clothing without sleeves, worn by women over the front of their clothes to keep them clean, for example when cooking—compare apron"

As you know, I looked it up before myself, of course.
And second, that explanation is rather old-fashioned itself - women/clean/kitchen. So I found it appropriate for Karloff / the 30s.

But I just noticed: knives, not knifes. A(hhhhh)gony! How truly embarrassing.

Well, at least they make your girasole look even better. And that was the last one into that direction from my part.
But one more thing about girasole: Don't know if you're interested in architecture, but there is a fatastic house existing on this planet, called Girasole / the revolving house. You should look it up, it's brilliant! One of the few real masterpieces.

rotating-house.jpg

short trailer to a movie:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

A pinny! I'm sure you have a huge kitchen or you have extended into the next room!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,811

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
"(old-fashioned) (also informal pinny) (both BrE) a long loose piece of clothing without sleeves, worn by women over the front of their clothes to keep them clean, for example when cooking—compare apron"

As you know, I looked it up before myself, of course.
And second, that explanation is rather old-fashioned itself - women/clean/kitchen. So I found it appropriate for Karloff / the 30s.

But I just noticed: knives, not knifes. A(hhhhh)gony! How truly embarrasing.

Well, at least they make your girasole look even better. And that was the last one into that direction from my part.
But one more thing about girasole: Don't know if you're interested in architecture, but there is a fatastic house existing on this planet, called Girasole / the revolving house. You should look it up, it's brilliant! One of the few real masterpieces.

View attachment 378397

short trailer to a movie:

I believe that the apron thingy (pinny) might be what we used to call a pinafore.

Fascinating architecture! I know zip about architecture, but have been fortunate enough to visit several Frank LLoyd Wright houses, Wright's Unitarian Church in Madison, WI (the site of the beginning of a memorable night...but that's a story for another time :p), and Wright's home/school, Taliesin.

BTW: the cheese gizmo is a girrole.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
Some stuff

New HDMI to Mini display port from belkin, we'll see how long she holds up.

HA343.jpeg

New Cans for 20 hours worth of flight. My wife took over the beats (no bashing please). I kind of liked the sound of them (the beats); but I am going to give these a run. Got them on Amazon (used like new to deliver tomorrow) for 142.00.

851558.jpg

Waterproof action camera case for my sons 4S. We are going diving in Kauai :D, and this seemed like a good fit. 99.00 at watershot, inc- could not beat it for stills and video.

Good for 40 meters, which will be plenty for us (130 feet).

Specs are here.
A HOUSING NOT A CASE
Cases cover. Housings protect. Watershot® is built to live in the water and withstand rocks, reefs, salt, sand and extreme pressure.
Full suspension system "floats" your iPhone inside the housing for maximum protection.
Waterproof performance to 40 m / 130 ft deep
A TOOL NOT A TOY
Glass Lens = optical image clarity
Lens Baffle = no backscatter light or halo effect
Threaded Lens Bezel = screw on lenses & filters
Universal Tripod Mount = maximum flexibility with available adapter to utilize endless GoPro® mounts
APP = optimize your iPhone images and share them with your network [available on the App Store]
INCLUDED
Housing for the iPhone 4 / 4S
Free App
Lanyard
Built-In Tripod Mount
One Year Warranty

watershot-feature-image.jpg

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Great, and now it looks like I'm the bad guy.
edit: Shrink, you beat me.

Anyway, back to topic: Don't know if that's interesting, but just got some boring new bed linen. There is a healthy 20% off sale for Christian Fischbacher items over here.

Attachments

• Christian-Fischbacher-Cloque.jpg
    Christian-Fischbacher-Cloque.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
Nice, I mostly shoot .308, I am looking into reloading. Rounds aren't cheap.

Reloading is the way to go. I reload 9mm but I am looking to get the rest of the stuff I need to load .223.

Got a few more things while procrastinating and waiting for my upper.
xmag405dkear.jpg

xmag414dkear.jpg

A few other things but because I missed the delivery I wont have pictures and I think most will be bored with stock photos.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Reloading is the way to go. I reload 9mm but I am looking to get the rest of the stuff I need to load .223.

Got a few more things while procrastinating and waiting for my upper.
Snip
A few other things but because I missed the delivery I wont have pictures and I think most will be bored with stock photos.

Have you shot with one of those AFG before? I put one on my main rifle and after two outings I went back to a vertical grip. Couldn't get used to the feel of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.