Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afterworks

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Manchester
Hey Guys,

So I've had this card for a few months for gaming in Windows. However everything is crashing. Games wise, in Windows. All gravy in OS X (but then I don't do anything that would push it in OS X).

I recently re installed Windows, so all drivers are up to date and apart from BF3, Black Op's 2 and Deus EX theres nothing on there.

I'm basically trying to figure out whether theres a power issue or something before I look at returning it. I know they'll be iffy when I'm sure it's theres a hardware fault with the card, and when they ask about the rest of my hardware I say it's a mac blah blah blah blah...

I've seen a few other PC related posts about people getting some dodgy cards.

If other people are using the card in theirs mac's ok then I can be fairly sure it's the card.

I have a MP 3.1 2.8 Quad core.

Thanks!

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
As long as it's taking 2 6 pin power connectors it should be fine. Just RMA the card to EVGA and you should be good.

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Check the temperature of the card.. Typically reference cards need a fan curve added in through evga precision. It may be heating up...

afterworks

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Manchester
Unfortunately I can't test it with anyone.

Have emailed EVGA but in the mean time will check on temps etc.

However, using precision software, if I 'turn down the card' I get a bit more time playing Deus Ex etc before it crashes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.