Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Apple Sales = oxymoron
So true!

Yet, I would certainly welcome a "Once A Year" sale.

If anyone can afford it, it's Apple. I would suggest they keep it to just once a year without fail. I would be an excellent way to continue to increase sales volume, focus even more attention on the brand, and appeal to the ladies that salivate at the sound of the word "Sale" :)

I am completely confident they could make a move like this without damaging their current and long time marketing strategy. It would offer one more dimension to the Apple legacy. The real key to success would be true discount pricing. Significant reductions to compel people that might not otherwise buy Apple to act.

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Discounts on Refurbished Products

Does anybody know if Apple discounts refurbished products on Black Friday as well? Not sure my self but want to use the opportunity to get a MacBook Air.
Sam

ElectroBricks

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
iPad Mini Sale?

Does anyone know if the iPad Mini will be on sale? I really hope it will. If it isn't do you think an iPad 2 is better? I kinda need to know since I will be buying at least on i-device on black friday!

Icealicy

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Can this supposed discount-to-be also be applied with an education discount? Buying directly from the Apple Store online?

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Lousy sales event.

That's why I want Windows 8 and Android to do better.

Competition helps the consumers.

G4er?

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Temple, TX
Something for everyone? Then where's the mid range mid sized desktop mac without a built in screen that so many of us are asking for?

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2010
Same every year and is always just as humorous. Something for everyone needs to be changed to:

Stuff the upper hierarchy likes.

Since it is all about margins I dont know why they bother anyway. Still will sell alot on Friday either way to them richers.

Last edited by a moderator:

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Does anybody know if Apple discounts refurbished products on Black Friday as well?

Historically, refurbs have not been included. (In general, they're resistant to both this and educational discounts.) I doubt they'll be included this year, either--but in any case, a refurb, if it's any consolation, will almost certainly have a better price than new regardless of the discount. :D

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
The promo picture has two full size iPads side by side, I hope but am doubtful they'll offer iPad mini at a discount. If they'll discount the iPad mini to $299 I may bite.

Good time for them to clear out any overstock of iPad 2 they may have, and the previous generation iPod Touch.

HardRain

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
Apple marketing is sounding dumber and dumber. Everyone does include you, me, him, her...FFS it's everyone! lol.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
mmhm eyeing that macbook air discount...

Just get it already cheaper from Amazon. They have it at $100 off a lot.. or try open box at best buy even. $101 off is just so lame for a Black Friday event. Apple is really bad at a real sale because well.. people will buy them anyways

timcullis

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
London
"Featured items" for the UK event are

iPad with retina display
MacBook Pro with 13-inch retina display
Mac mini (apparently all models)
iPhone 5
new iPod touch
new iPod nano

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.