Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubcho

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2012
Other side can not hear me in a Viber call

Hello, I have an annoying problem with Viber from time to time. When I call my girlfriend or she calls me I can hear her clearly, but she cannot hear me back. This only happens when talking to her. I haven't tested with other people, because I only talk to her on Viber :) She's in the States and uses a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon. This problem occurs randomly in time, but when it appears it stays for days. Then all of a sudden everything starts to work as before again and we can hear each other perfectly. I'm on iPhone 4 with iOS 6. I have tried several wifi networks and also my 3G connection, it seems not related to the connection source. Last time I had this I was on iOS 5.1.1, it was about a month ago. My Viber version is 2.2.2.86. Any ideas what may be triggering this? Thanks a lot!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hello, I have an annoying problem with Viber from time to time. When I call my girlfriend or she calls me I can hear her clearly, but she cannot hear me back. This only happens when talking to her. I haven't tested with other people, because I only talk to her on Viber :) She's in the States and uses a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon. This problem occurs randomly in time, but when it appears it stays for days. Then all of a sudden everything starts to work as before again and we can hear each other perfectly. I'm on iPhone 4 with iOS 6. I have tried several wifi networks and also my 3G connection, it seems not related to the connection source. Last time I had this I was on iOS 5.1.1, it was about a month ago. My Viber version is 2.2.2.86. Any ideas what may be triggering this? Thanks a lot!

Hi,

It could actually still be related to your or her network -
It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

Does the problem persist?

Bubcho

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2012
Hi,

It could actually still be related to your or her network -
It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

Does the problem persist?

I uninstalled and reinstalled Viber on my iPhone and for a few hours it seemed like the problem have been resolved, but later it appeared again. I was in a call and it dropped. Nothing unusual. 2 minutes later she called me again and that time she could not hear me. I'm positive that it's not network related because I use Viber on several wi-fi networks and 3G, even on EDGE when I was on the road. The ports are open on all wi-fi networks I try to use Viber on. It is not the network, because Viber is working in those same networks the other day, or even 2 minutes before the problem appears.

I noticed something like a pattern, though. Last couple of times this issue occured after I have been getting an incoming call, I haven't picked it up, my screen have locked and I unlocked it and slide the little notification icon to the right. I think this might have something to do with the loss of sound.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I uninstalled and reinstalled Viber on my iPhone and for a few hours it seemed like the problem have been resolved, but later it appeared again. I was in a call and it dropped. Nothing unusual. 2 minutes later she called me again and that time she could not hear me. I'm positive that it's not network related because I use Viber on several wi-fi networks and 3G, even on EDGE when I was on the road. The ports are open on all wi-fi networks I try to use Viber on. It is not the network, because Viber is working in those same networks the other day, or even 2 minutes before the problem appears.

I noticed something like a pattern, though. Last couple of times this issue occured after I have been getting an incoming call, I haven't picked it up, my screen have locked and I unlocked it and slide the little notification icon to the right. I think this might have something to do with the loss of sound.

Thank you for the details.
In order for us to look into this issue thoroughly, I kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the the problem to our support team using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0
Our team will look into this issue and contact you again should they need more info.

Thanks in advance :)

rprabakaran56

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
Can anyone explain how to make calls in viber from PC

Hi,

I installed Youwave for Android in my PC.
Let me know how to make calls. I'm receiving error message as "MOBILE NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE". Can anyone help me to solve the issue.

Regards,
Prabakaran R

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi,

I installed Youwave for Android in my PC.
Let me know how to make calls. I'm receiving error message as "MOBILE NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE". Can anyone help me to solve the issue.

Regards,
Prabakaran R

Hi,

Please note that Viber does not officially support PC platforms, and so we unfortunately will not be able to assist you on this problem :/

RMM

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
When I use viber to make calls I always seem to get these "ghost sounds" on a regular interval while I am on the line. It sounds like a car is passing right by the microphone of the phone I am having the conversation with. I ask the person I am talking to if there is any car passing by on their end but they assure me there is none and it is quiet on their end. It happens at a regular interval and it is very loud when it is happening but then once it passes it is very clear again. This happens all the time. Is there a "party line" of some sort that might be causing this? It is really annoying to hear it during conversations. Anyone experience similar?

CMGE

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
My viber's caling and messaging are ok.But I once lost my contact for no reason after I turned off my phone`

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@RMM -

What phone exactly do you have? Which version of iOS?
Also, have you made sure that this isn't a problem related to the specific internet network you are connected to?

Lastly, please make sure that both of you have the latest version of Viber installed.

@CMGE -

What exactly do you mean by "lost my contact"? Please elaborate.

bald.eagle1507

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
I changed # but I am still being contacted

Hi

Since Viber doesn't have any capability to directly blocked a contact, I opted to change my mobile #. Unfortunately, I was shocked when I actually received a new Viber call from this person when in fact I have not shared to anyone yet my new #.

Kindly advice if this is really possible for this application. Or explain how it stores contact information.

Thank you,
Cris

anis2410

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
Viber not showing contacts

Hi,

I have updated viber to its latest version on my iPhone 4S and afterwards can't see any of my contacts on viber... Seems like its not importing my contacts list. I can still however receive viber calls normally (but when someone calls I can't see his saved name in my contacts, only his number appears) or dial numbers from viber.

Any help plz? Thx.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@bald.eagle1507 -

Viber works just like your regular phone in that regard - if someone knows your number (in any way), they will be able to call you. As we explained in the past, we plan to introduce the "block" option in future versions.

Regarding how that person got your number - you can be sure that he didn't use Viber itself for that. Viber never shares or sells the information that it takes from users' contact list, and so you can rest assured that there was no "security breach" in this case.

@anis2410 -

What country are you located in? Which cellular network?

Note that the source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

Nishapatel

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
So me and my cousin both have viber but we cannot contact each other on viber. It says that we both don't have viber help me

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
So me and my cousin both have viber but we cannot contact each other on viber. It says that we both don't have viber help me

The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

(The instructions refer to iPhone, but are relevant to all phones nevertheless).

I wish there were a way to deactivate push notifications on Viber and still be able to use the app!

Viber relies greatly on the Push Notification mechanism in iPhone, and so it would be almost 'pointless' to disable them. It would greatly damage the app's very functionality ;)

hoanganh.steph

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
What can I do now??

My phone asked me to upgrade Viber and I did, but i accidentally hit the uninstall button so i have to install it again.
However, when everything has done, i cannot "log in" using my number. It asked me to write my number in for registering. Anyone know if we can log in with viber :(

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
My phone asked me to upgrade Viber and I did, but i accidentally hit the uninstall button so i have to install it again.
However, when everything has done, i cannot "log in" using my number. It asked me to write my number in for registering. Anyone know if we can log in with viber :(

If you accidentally uninstalled or deactivated Viber, all you need to do is simply to re-register. Enter your number, tap "Continue", then you'll receive a new code. With that code you can activate Viber, and it should work fine again :)

renania58

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
Uninstalled and now I can't reinstall

Hello,

I wanted to update Viber on my Iphone 3g IOS 4.1. I uninstalled it and when I tried to reinstall I get a message stating "This app requies IOS 4.3". I was using the previous version without a problem until a friend told me she was on Viber and I could not see her so I decided to update the app.

Thank you.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hello,

I wanted to update Viber on my Iphone 3g IOS 4.1. I uninstalled it and when I tried to reinstall I get a message stating "This app requies IOS 4.3". I was using the previous version without a problem until a friend told me she was on Viber and I could not see her so I decided to update the app.

Thank you.

Please note that Viber does not officially support iPhone 3 and below nor iOS4.2 and below at this stage, and this is probably the reason for the problems you're experiencing. We are planning to roll back Viber in AppStore only for iPhone3 and iOS4.2 users, so that they can use an older version of Viber, that's compatible with their phone, and we hope to complete this step as soon as possible.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we recommend that you stay tuned for updates and news through AppStore or via our official Facebook page.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi Viber Team - is the 'Blocked Countries, Regions, providers' post on your site up-to-date? If not, can you please share the latest list? Thanks! :)

http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/...iew/87/0/blocked-countries--regions-providers

Hi,

This list is generally up-to-date, however in some cases we only suspect that there are blocks, but we cannot officially put them up on our website.

But this is the goal of us, representatives, across the different forums. If you have any doubt about a suspected block on some network, you can consult with me and I will give you the information, or I will make sue that it's checked and verified.

arif.riza55

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Picture Messaging Problem

Hi Everyone,
I use Samsung Galaxy 5. I installed viber but I'm unable to send pictures through text messages. It just shows sending status and then fails sending showing status "not sent". Could anyone help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz????

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi Everyone,
I use Samsung Galaxy 5. I installed viber but I'm unable to send pictures through text messages. It just shows sending status and then fails sending showing status "not sent". Could anyone help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz????

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

* Note that we are planning to release a major update to Viber for Android soon. Once available, please try it out and see if it solves the problem.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi there,
As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
- Share Stickers with your Viber contacts
- Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message
- Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
- Many other enchancements and improvements

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
Viber Team

smayton1974

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
I have been using viber now for a year. I started out using iphon3Gs, now I have iphone4. I am in Texas, USA, and I use AT&T. I have a fantastic signal everywhere and I have wifi at home with full bars signal. I have Never once had a clear call using viber. I have updated the app every time. I've done everything I possibly can to fix the problem. My fiancé was in Ireland, so I used to think it was his bad signal, however, when we talk, he usually hears me just fine. My viber signal is always full bar green, untill the call connects. Then it drops to almost nothing, or drops the call completely.
My fiancé has now been in 3 different countries and uses a satilite phone. Everyone else I talk to use different phones, different networks....all with the same issue. Can anyone tell me why my viber experience is so terrible?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.