Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atthecross

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
Just curious, are you assuming demand will be very high or production very low or perhaps a combination of both? I want a maxed out 27" but I cringe at the thought I will have to camp out to get one on launch day.

both. my plan is just the stock $1999 model, i'll upgrade the ram later. 1tb will last me at least 5yrs. i'm still running 350gb on my mid-2007 iMac and have just recently been having to delete files to keep 100gb free

ifraaank

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
Odense C, Denmark
They have now updated the Danish site, with Danish information. When a product launches, the information is always in English. So something is happening! :-D

photocoke

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2012
They have now updated the Danish site, with Danish information. When a product launches, the information is always in English. So something is happening! :-D

Sorry, I don't understand what you meant. Could you explain please?

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
They weren't specific about the year either.

Please don't start saying things like that. People here a) won't see the funny sideband b) will start having hissy fits.

As long as it is release by 23:59pm on 30th November then Apple are accurate and delivering on time. They have always left products to the end of the month if it isn't ready for the day of the announcement. It's common practice.

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
Would it not be logical for Apple to start orders this Friday when they take the site down to update Black Friday offers rather than the Tuesday?

timcullis

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
London
Would it not be logical for Apple to start orders this Friday when they take the site down to update Black Friday offers rather than the Tuesday?

I posted the quote below on 9 November suggesting an end-of-month date on the basis that Apple would want to separate launch activities in the Apple stores. Given that 23 Nov is Black Friday, I reckon that date is out as well for an iMac launch. Tuesday 27 now seems the earliest date to me.

Tim Cook told analysts that stocks will be constrained due to production problems. The later in the month that the product is launched, the more stock will be on hand, and the more people initially satisfied.

What I am hopeful about, is that it seems Apple stores will be holding stocks of the fusion models as well as the base models.

I reckon the 21" model will be towards the end of November... In an ideal world each product would get its own launch window to ensure repeated footfall within the Apple stores. The second tranche (cellular) of iPad minis and 4th gen iPads seem to be coming around 16-21 November, so if I were Apple I wouldn't be looking to muddy the waters by launching the iMac then.

Move another week further on and you are either on 23 November or into the week commending 26 November, which is course is the last possible week if Apple is to make good on its November commitment.

As for the 27" models, they could follow one or two weeks later, so w/c 3 or 10 December. Any later than 14 December and punters will have their minds focused on other things as Christmas approaches...

Of course, all of this is total speculation... :rolleyes:

tears2040

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2010
SMH.........

It's been at least a year that we have been waiting for the iMac, then months, then more months. They FINALLY announce it over a month ago and we STILL do not have it.....

I don't think this machine will ever come out, it's been over a year overdue......

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Have anyone noticed this:

iMac.jpg

That's on the Apple Store's iMac page.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac

Could that mean we'll have iMacs friday?

Could be a general banner on all apple products pages, but still. It's a nice thought.

:)

readbelow

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
End of November for 21.5 and End of December for 27

I spoke to the helpful folks at Apple, well actually had a bit of a moan! Still no news on the 21.5 they are still stating "the end of November" and the end of December for the 27" Are they mad! launching a new product possibly after Christmas!

Is anyone else cheesed off about how they have advertised it so heavily without being able to even pre-order or configure and get a price!

I have also just found out the the 21.5 doesn't have user access to the RAM only the 27 has the little hatch! I want the size of 21.5 with the power of the 27. Also can you believe the 21.5 hard drive is on 5400rpm! obviously reallt trying to push SSDs then.

Think I might just get a 2011 21.5 cheap as chips and max it out!

Sorry for the moan, but I have become impatient with Apple not delivering anymore, hope this isn't downward spiral now the big man has left the building?!

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I spoke to the helpful folks at Apple, well actually had a bit of a moan! Still no news on the 21.5 they are still stating "the end of November" and the end of December for the 27" Are they mad! launching a new product possibly after Christmas!

Is anyone else cheesed off about how they have advertised it so heavily without being able to even pre-order or configure and get a price!

I have also just found out the the 21.5 doesn't have user access to the RAM only the 27 has the little hatch! I want the size of 21.5 with the power of the 27. Also can you believe the 21.5 hard drive is on 5400rpm! obviously reallt trying to push SSDs then.

Think I might just get a 2011 21.5 cheap as chips and max it out!

Sorry for the moan, but I have become impatient with Apple not delivering anymore, hope this isn't downward spiral now the big man has left the building?!

There are several threads about the non-upgradability of the 21.5" and the 5,400 rpm speed drive. I haven't found any 2011 models for sale anywhere. Apple pulled them. None at Amazon. None at Best Buy.

gCraft0r

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
"save $5" on link, big woop!! $5!

but this is a good sign they will be released this week :D

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Yeah it has been a bit of a pain, 500+ days with no update then another month after announcement and possibly another month for those wanting 27" but man IMHO it's well worth the wait.

Ademordna

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
UK
The cynical part of me really wonders why they added that 5400rpm HD.
Why not make the 7200 the entry model standard?

d0nK

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2011
UK
The cynical part of me really wonders why they added that 5400rpm HD.
Why not make the 7200 the entry model standard?

Because they need to make more money from BTO and pushing the 27"... and they have no shame.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ

If you think Apple is at all pleased with the whole situation, you'd be sadly mistaken.

Now you've flown off the handle. In what way did they "advertising it so heavily"? They announced it at an event with many other products, provided launch windows of November and December, and updated their website with the same information. That's it. No TV ads. No magazine ads. No "Meet the new iMac" emails. Nothing.

The Man was not a god; nor was he Midas. Stuff went wrong when he was around too. There was even a 3 month period where you couldn't buy iMacs at all because the G3 models were discontinued and the G4's weren't ready. The White iPhone 4 was "coming soon" for 9 months. Don't pretend the manufacturing difficulties have anything to do with who happens to be CEO at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.