Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
It appears status for cellular iPad 4 and iPad minis has changed to "Out of Stock Online" and allows you to search for in store stock. Hopefully this will make it easier for some to find one and should reduce having to speak with clueless BB employees.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
It appears status for cellular iPad 4 and iPad minis has changed to "Out of Stock Online" and allows you to search for in store stock. Hopefully this will make it easier for some to find one and should reduce having to speak with clueless BB employees.

Tried before you posted and it didn't work. It does now and I'll alert some friends who are still trying to get one. Thanks!

PureComplexity

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
I hope they get more non-celluar models in stock sometime soon, or at least a "Sold Out Online", so that the availability could be checked.

Last edited:

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Good to see it finally working but has me wondering why these stores aren't stocked up. Is there a supply shortage? I'm just wondering if the stores are stock piling them for Black Friday instead of selling them? I have yet to locate or hear of anyone in my area that actually found or bought one locally Target, Best Buy, or Walmart even. I think they had a few wifi models early on but the cellular models are no where to be found.

Edit: to add that our local Sam's Club, nor the telco's seem to have them either.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
does not seem to be working for me

----------

Good to see it finally working but has me wondering why these stores aren't stocked up. Is there a supply shortage? I'm just wondering if the stores are stock piling them for Black Friday instead of selling them? I have yet to locate or hear of anyone in my area that actually found or bought one locally Target, Best Buy, or Walmart even.

I called around yesterday. There were a couple of Targets/Best Buys that had the 64 and 32. I'm looking only for 16 though.

PureComplexity

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
Good to see it finally working but has me wondering why these stores aren't stocked up. Is there a supply shortage? I'm just wondering if the stores are stock piling them for Black Friday instead of selling them? I have yet to locate or hear of anyone in my area that actually found or bought one locally Target, Best Buy, or Walmart even. I think they had a few wifi models early on but the cellular models are no where to be found.

Edit: to add that our local Sam's Club, nor the telco's seem to have them either.

This is very much my problem.

I've wanted one since my birthday yesterday, and a 16GB simply cannot be found. They seem to be quite scarce, which I suppose is common for Apple products. This however is starting to become disappointing.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
This is very much my problem.

I've wanted one since my birthday yesterday, and a 16GB simply cannot be found. They seem to be quite scarce, which I suppose is common for Apple products. This however is starting to become disappointing.

Try macmall. They are an Authorized Apple reseller. And they have a lot of models in stock they have a 16 gig black Verizon LTE but they are out of their 16 gig Wi-Fi only in black-and-white but they do have the 32 gig black Wi-Fi only

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
For those that are saying it's not working... Does it say "Unavailable" if so, that just means they don't have it and you can click on the "more stores" link at the bottom, but that will search stores further away. Here's a screen shot that shows one store in the Austin area having stock. My local store manager confirmed with that store that they indeed got some in...

Attachments

• bbinstock.png
    bbinstock.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 131

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Not sure how the user that posted the pic is getting there. When I go to BB's site, it says shipping "not available" and store pickup is "not available." There's no way to get to look at local stores' inventory.

XxWestinxX

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2011
Not sure how the user that posted the pic is getting there. When I go to BB's site, it says shipping "not available" and store pickup is "not available." There's no way to get to look at local stores' inventory.

Same... how are you guys doing this

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
No stock within 100 miles of me.

nutz

Same here. Most disappointing for sure. I still think they are holding them for Black Friday even if they keep them at normal price. Any BB employees care to comment?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
This is off topic, but another way to search for iPads...

There is a site called http://milo.com/ which you can use to search inventory on just about anything. It works OK for iPads... I used it to locate a Sprint iPad mini at the Sprint store and then called the store to confirmed they had it. This should work on any iPad and if it does not list it on the left then it's probably not in your area. Pick another city and try again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.