Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Does anyone else notice how awesome it is to keep your Mini right inside a pocket. I have been walking around with it in my back pocket while i'm inside my house. I haven't left the house with it yet because i just got it in the mail at around 4. Do you guys keep it in a pocket? would be interesting to hear how many do because of the great form factor.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I usually keep my iPhone in my back pocket so I can't see how the Mini would fit. Especially since I also sit with my iPhone in the back pocket. I do see how it would be nice and convenient with baggy pants.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
I usually keep my iPhone in my back pocket so I can't see how the Mini would fit. Especially since I also sit with my iPhone in the back pocket. I do see how it would be nice and convenient with baggy pants.

I always cringe when I see somebody sit on there iPhone in their back pocket. i usually keep my wallet in my back pocket.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I always cringe when I see somebody sit on there iPhone in their back pocket. i usually keep my wallet in my back pocket.

iPhones have always been sturdy little buggers, and nothing bad has happened to mine when doing that. The larger Mini, on the other hand, probably can't handle it, which makes it less convenient as a pocketable device since you always have to take it out of your pocket when you sit down.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Looking for a lightweight jacket with a pocket big enough to fit the Mini in. I have a small carry case with a handle but I rather just slip it into a pocket.

I'll look around in Target, Kmart, Walmart, Kohls, etc for one.

Yep, I would feel that is awesome.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
Looking for a lightweight jacket with a pocket big enough to fit the Mini in. I have a small carry case with a handle but I rather just slip it into a pocket.

I have a leather jacket and it fits in almost every pocket. Feels very badass. Imagine jackets that are branded as being "Made for iPad".

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Don't compromise for the iPad. Just have the jacket you like altered.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I have a leather jacket and it fits in almost every pocket. Feels very badass. Imagine jackets that are branded as being "Made for iPad".

Well I have one that would work but it is a New Balance product. It is more a shell than a jacket and really not heavy enough for this time of year but I guess I could wear a sweater under it. It has a zipper and the inner pocket is more than big enough to fit the Mini. There is a pocket on each side. Guess I gotta buy another Mini. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.