Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
I'm just curious at this point who has been trying and has still come up empty. They are very scarce in my area but I'll be sure to update if I learn who has got them in stock when they arrive.

I got lucky was all. I'm glad I picked it up when I saw it because I'd be in the same boat unfortunately. I wanted the black and that luckily is what they had.

kdoug

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa City, IA USA
I'm just curious at this point who has been trying and has still come up empty. They are very scarce in my area but I'll be sure to update if I learn who has got them in stock when they arrive.

I got lucky was all. I'm glad I picked it up when I saw it because I'd be in the same boat unfortunately. I wanted the black and that luckily is what they had.

Need the info.....:confused:

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
Kept checking BB and no luck. Got a call from the local pretend apple store, they said mine had arrived. Stopped at BB on the way and now they claim that we can't order anymore minis. Wtf! Went over to the Authorized and picked up the 3 they held for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353373919.002887.jpg

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Try http://milo.com to search and if it shows in stock, call to confirm. This worked for me, but decided not to go get it since the store was further than I was willing to drive.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I've been searching daily here in Toronto for over a week now (3 Apple Stores, 2 Best Buys, Future Shop, Staples to name a few) and nothing.
I'm looking specifically for a white 16GB wifi though, could have picked up a black one last Friday at Eaton Centre Apple Store (reopening morning so extra stock), but still no white.
I'll pick up a 4th gen white instead on Friday if I don't find the Mini by then.

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
I showed up at the grand opening of the Willow Grove store and picked up a Black LTE model as soon as I walked in. I think I was somewhere close to the 1,000 mark because they stopped giving out free shirts shortly after I came.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Been calling Best Buy and Target in my area for a couple days with no luck. I'm not going to buy online since returns are a pain.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I managed to score two cellular minis -- AT&T 64 gig black and a 32 gig white -- using the apple store app. My pickup will be tomorrow in Boston. My guess is that apple stores are getting A big shipment tomorrow!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
I rather deal with a local retailer than buying any piece of electronics by mail order.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I rather deal with a local retailer than buying any piece of electronics by mail order.

I bought from macmall. Ordered Friday for overnight delivery got it Saturday and it was flawless. Friend wanted iPad mini. He was leaving country Sunday night and he had no idea the ipad mini was so hard to find. So i bought from macmall for him who had it in stock and had Saturday FedEx delivery option.

Flawless transaction and he received a perfect out of the box 16 gig black wifi ipad mini with very little effort spent chasing around for it.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Most of the stores it my area(DC) showed stock for reserve last night on the 16, 32 & 64gb models last night. As well as the AT&T model I checked. Was still undecided on which color so didn't reserve and knew the wife would kill me if I came home with both a white and black model so I took my chances and went in this morning to make a decision and hope they had stock to sell.

Both employees I talked to said no regular stock and to try and reserve one tonight.

Hopefully they are getting a shipment tonight again

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
The return policy ain't great.

That's the problem I see so many people on this forum buying a mini they don't really want cause they just have to have it. Either they don't want the color or they want higher capacity storage etc. etc. and they buy the ones they don't want and then return them which makes it harder for other people to simply buy an iPad mini because these people are buying ones they dont want with no intention of keeping them.

I think Apple should go back to the restocking fee and then maybe this will alleviate this constant buying and returning and switching that seems rampant.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I showed up at the grand opening of the Willow Grove store and picked up a Black LTE model as soon as I walked in. I think I was somewhere close to the 1,000 mark because they stopped giving out free shirts shortly after I came.

Damn you live close to me. Willow Grove, PA? I've been searching as well, still see nothing in stores.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
That's the problem I see so many people on this forum buying a mini they don't really want cause they just have to have it. Either they don't want the color or they want higher capacity storage etc. etc. and they buy the ones they don't want and then return them which makes it harder for other people to simply buy an iPad mini because these people are buying ones they dont want with no intention of keeping them.

I think Apple should go back to the restocking fee and then maybe this will alleviate this constant buying and returning and switching that seems rampant.

I wouldn't say this is a true blanket statement whatsoever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.