Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ScanPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Harkonnen City, Gedi Prime
Here I am in between the the 2 stores, Apple is a packed house, there is 35-40 people in the MS and it is 30% lager. The employees at MS have tee shirts he same color scheme as Win8. I have cell pics but can't figure how to attach.
Sent from MS store free wifi. Theres more shoppers hanging around this area than are in the MS store.
Sp

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
California
Anyone who has seen a "Microsoft Store" can tell you that they are blatant rip-offs of Apple Stores. Anyone who doesn't think so is kidding them selves.

ScanPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
I really don't care who shops or where, I just found it interesting the differences between the stores and the shoppers inside. The ones at the Apple store seem to be there for a purchase or help (genius or personal) The ones in the MS store seem to be wandering or just looking. The store kinda reminds me of a toy store. As for the people just hanging out, most of them are on the wifi.
Sp

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I really don't care who shops or where, I just found it interesting the differences between the stores and the shoppers inside. The ones at the Apple store seem to be there for a purchase or help (genius or personal) The ones in the MS store seem to be wandering or just looking. The store kinda reminds me of a toy store. As for the people just hanging out, most of them are on the wifi.
Sp

To be fair though, Apple Stores have their fair share of 'customers' (12 yr olds) that are just there to play on the demo iPads ;)

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Why do you even care how people spend their time shopping? Ridiculous.

Why do you care that they care?

To be fair though, Apple Stores have their fair share of 'customers' (12 yr olds) that are just there to play on the demo iPads ;)

Then why aren't they playing on the MS Surface? That's actually a genuine question. Less games on the Surface? Or the :apple: is just more known?

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Then why aren't they playing on the MS Surface? That's actually a genuine question. Less games on the Surface? Or the :apple: is just more known?

I think everyone knows you can treat your local Apple store like your personal charging station, personal internet connection, lounge, etc. MS stores are still rare and isolated to certain regions.

When I lived in Chicago, I always went to the Michigan Ave store and it was 50% tourists, 30% kids or people goofing off, 15% people needing repairs, and maybe 5% actually buying something.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I actually posted these pics on Facebook, last week, because I found it funny that they copied everything about the Apple Store. Even the little name tags they hang around their necks. It couldn't be more blatant.

19451570.png

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Anyone who has seen a "Microsoft Store" can tell you that they are blatant rip-offs of Apple Stores. Anyone who doesn't think so is kidding them selves.

Who cares, MS saw how well the design worked and modeled their store after apple's.

There's a Microsoft store in Boston that just opened up a couple months ago, I visited it two weeks ago. The place was a zoo, tons of people playing with the surface tablet and other tablets/laptops. Given the foot traffic, I'd say the store is a success, though I'm unsure of how well the surface tablet is selling. The store had them in stock, where as online sales are on back order.

ScanPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
You've contradicted yourself within the same sentence.

OK I'll give you that one. I'll try explain my statement. In general who and where one shops doesnt mater to me, I was struck by the difference in the amount of shoppers in the 2 stores for and I noticed what was mentioned a couple of posts above, there were many younger people "testing" the mechandise, but there were a fair number of older people in the crowd doing the same in the Apple store. The MS store had a wandering crowd, they appeared to be milling about, does that make sense? No one was messing with a Surface or anything for that matter in the MS store.
There nearly as many employees at the MS store as shoppers. The ratio at the Apple store seemed to be 1 to 7 or 8.
Just what I noticed.

PS at the conjuction of the 2 store is the malls biggest and strongest wiFi area, there must have been 30 people with tablets of some type lounging around. There were even a bunch of kids sitting against the walls doing their thing.
Sp
Sp

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
They have a Microsoft store in a mall by me. I was disgusted the first time I saw it last week. It's a blatant ripoff of the apple store. The surface is a piece of junk. I was messing with it in there for like 20 minutes. I absolutely hated it. Couldn't make heads or tales out of it. Lets make it look like windows but not be windows...... I don't get it. When Microsoft first announced windows 8 I thought uh oh windows gets perfect touch controls and apple might be in trouble. But no need to worry. Once again Microsoft screwed it up. They can't get out of their own way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.