Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scb02

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Ive should of always been the new Jobs, will fill Job's old shoes perfectly.

And he's british too!

revelated

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
:rolleyes:

Sorry to be 'that guy' but...

:rolleyes:

Are you all serious right now?!

Ive. The man is called Ive. The name is even in the title of the story this time!

Ive.

There is no 's' unless you're talking more than one of him. And perhaps one day they shall clone him, or employ someone with the same surname in a prominent public position. Until that day though, it's Ive, not 'Ives'.

You're being absolutely picky and unnecessary.

MacRumors has gotten out its Burl Ives CD in preparation for Christmas and made a small slip. Must you be so critical?

maxxaddict

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2005
Saskatchewan, Canada
mobile gpu over a desktop gpu? - I just can't wrap my head around that... It'll never beat the benchmarks of a real desktop computer.

does the iMac run on batteries?

And that's why the Hackintosh community is growing so rapidly. A desktop machine that you can put a REAL PROCESSOR in, RAM, multiple HDs, Graphics cards and other I/O that you don't have the ability to in ANY of Apple's current offerings, save one, the MacPro.

Apple is sadly leaving Professionals and Prosumer buyers in the dust. We all should have saw it coming when they dropped "Computer" from their name and went to Apple Inc.

They have dropped their server offerings down to a handicapped little machine with no expandability and 5400 RPM HDs and a giant over-priced "server-class" desktop that you can't rackmount.

And don't even get me started on the dumbed down piece of crap that is "10.8 Server"

I hope that they come up bick with the next Mac Pro refresh or I will sadly be looking to the hackintosh community or building windows boxes for our graphics work stations.

Apple is now a consumer electronics company and I wouldn't be surprised to see then in 5 years be out of the desktop computer market. They'll still sell laptops, but I don't want to use Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator or Final Cut (If they are still producing it after their last debacle of a release) on a 15" display and mobile processors.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Correction....Jony Ive will continue to play the role of Jony Ive. Steve Jobs has been written out of the Applescript...for this lifetime. ;)

bronxred

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx
I loves me some iOS, and contrary to public opinion it's great for content creation, but I would never have been able to build the websites or make the music I have on iOS. Pretty sure Apple knows this and will keep "milking the Mac" for as long as they can.

RBR2

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2003
Correction....Jony Ive will continue to play the role of Jony Ive. Steve Jobs has been written out of the Applescript...for this lifetime. ;)

All this talk about Steve is counterproductive. Remember Steve's last advice to the company's leaders which was not to ask what I would do.

The oft overlooked responsibility of the BOD and leader, whatever the title may be, of a company is to prepare it and people within it to carry on in his/her absence.

Despite all of the "what's the succession plan" uproar during Steve's tenure, it should be apparent that he selected and prepared people to carry on. That's a pretty good legacy in my book.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.