Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I'd never auto-upload anything to facebook's servers!

Facebook is infamous for letting people share your photos without your permission just by copying the URL of the photo. More and more people are aware of this and avoid posting anything personal to Facebook. The social network isn't that interesting now (as it was at the beginning). People just post their gorgeous food, brag about their new shiny toys and nothing. :rolleyes:

Uelogy

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2010
I'm waiting for the next story where Facebook accidentally makes all 'private' photos 'public' to all. Something's bound to glitch and when it involves privacy and photos, lol.

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
As much as I can't stand reading stupid articles about lawsuits, this is worse. What do facebook features have to do with macrumors? This site has gone downhill in the past year along with the comments.

If Steve was alive, he would not have let this happen :p

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
I don't just any upload site they are only as good as long as they stays in business. I've deleted my iso Facebook apps as I hate their advertising plus you cannot delet or change posts easily.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I don't have trust issues nor do I take obscene photos like some people in this thread...:rolleyes:

702413_4969517644941_1626328402_n.jpg

Check the URL of the image... Yeah, that's a facebook URL.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Even though I have my privacy settings locked down tightly, the only things I put on Facebook are things I don't consider private. I consider any photo I take as private by default (photos don't have to be obscene to be private!) and there's not a chance in hell I would ever let Facebook have a copy of all my photos (same with Google+)

Last edited:

Cybbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2004
This is optional. I can see how some people would find this interesting. I already do this with Google+, primarily as a form of backup (in addition to Photostream, which doesn't work over 3G).

As far as privacy goes, while Facebook has a history of pushing people towards sharing, I know of no real safety breaches, and their infrastructure is robust. I see the concerns, but for people who share most of their mobile photos anyway, I can see the convenience factor of organizing it in a online, private me-only library. As most Facebook concerns, as long as you are aware of what you're doing you're fine.

Neuro

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2003
London
I have a photo album on one of my music 'Pages', which can't be deleted. I have contacted them many times, but because FB is free, they couldn't give a ****. No way would I trust them with random personal photos.

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Just what the world needs - permanent archiving of my boring life. :cool:

Seriously, though, there is no way I allow this because FB then get rights to re-sell the pictures.... I never post any pictures to FB unless they are very low res copies.

In any case, I think Google and Facebook have finally answered the question of how much a human being is worth. Just look at the lengths they go to to collect information about you to influence your buying habits.

sensorian

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Manchester, UK
I have all my photos locked in a vault and not even I'm allowed to see them in case....well you know....someone violates my privacy or something.

lannisters4life

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Sydney
You tinfoilers must be up to some seriously shady business...

I've got what, pics of the surf, one of my grandson doing a handstand, one of a candle my wife wants for Christmas, a picture of a hilarious bruce springsteen poster and about 40 pictures of various dumplings. Big brother has got so much on me.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Gak! What an awful idea. Let's combine the worst of limited bandwidth availability, slow network connections and unreliable multi-corp servers to really reduce access. Bravo, what an awful idea.

No, I'll keep my photos locally under my control thank you very much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.