Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hi,

I use dropbox quite extensively and I'm looking for an app that does this:
1. I would download a PDF on to my dropbox folder on my Mac
2. I want to open the PDF on my ipad and annotate as I read it. However, I don't want to open the PDF and save it within the app only to send it to dropbox - creates duplicates, I want to be able to overwrite the original file straight from the app itself
3. When I go back to my Mac, and I open the PDF, I want to see the annotated PDF, not the original.

Any ideas?? There are a TONNE of annotating tools on the App Store with high reviews, however they're like $5-$10 and I don't want to have to try out 5 to find the one! Lol

EDIT: as an added bonus, anything similar for word and excel documents??:)
Thanks in advance guys :)

Last edited:

KALESSIN

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2011
Norway
PDF Expert supports auto synchronization with Dropbox folders and it can view and edit annotations created in Apple Preview or Adobe Acrobat software and vice verse.

itsmrjon

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2011
Chicago
I swear by GoodReader for this functionality. However I always create a separate annotated copy, so I'm not sure if the duplicate issue would exist.

I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight and post an update.

pdfmax

macrumors member
May 13, 2012
Hi,

I use dropbox quite extensively and I'm looking for an app that does this:
1. I would download a PDF on to my dropbox folder on my Mac
2. I want to open the PDF on my ipad and annotate as I read it. However, I don't want to open the PDF and save it within the app only to send it to dropbox - creates duplicates, I want to be able to overwrite the original file straight from the app itself
3. When I go back to my Mac, and I open the PDF, I want to see the annotated PDF, not the original.

Any ideas?? There are a TONNE of annotating tools on the App Store with high reviews, however they're like $5-$10 and I don't want to have to try out 5 to find the one! Lol

EDIT: as an added bonus, anything similar for word and excel documents??:)
Thanks in advance guys :)

PDF Max is exactly what you need (download, annotate, upload - the same file or different one - your choice), feel free to try it (free) here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-fill-forms-annotate/id540572073?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks and we are looking forward to your feedbacks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.