Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
In case the new iMacs should be available in time for Black Friday, does any of you know if the BF and student discounts can both be used ?

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I doubt the imacs will have any BF discounts if they are available by then. Im guessing they will be available right after BF.

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
No, it's one or the other. I also was wondering last year if I could get this great offer and unfortunately Apple won't authorize both promotions. On a side note, Educational discount will be slightly cheaper if you are purchasing customized hardware. The discount for Black Friday will only be $101, like last year.

As for permitting a discount on BF, I highly doubt it will release this week since Apple delays almost everything they sell to the last few days of the month.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
last year it was one or the the other . you get a couple extra bucks discount on BF but is it worth the trip? I cant remember if BF is applicable to online orders. I didn't realize student discounts apply to customization .Thanks for that tidbit.

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
From Apple.

Shopping event prices are solely available on November 23, 2012, from 12:01 am to 11:59 pm PST, are subject to change, and do not include taxes. Promotional pricing cannot be combined with any other offers. Not all sale products are available in all Apple Retail Stores. Product specifications are subject to change. Sale prices are limited to stock on hand and while supplies last. Black Friday discount prices available for end users only. Not available to distributors, dealers or resellers.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
In case the new iMacs should be available in time for Black Friday, does any of you know if the BF and student discounts can both be used ?

You can forget about that, Apple NEVER stacks discounts. You can take the Student discount or Black Friday discount but not both.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
and don't forget if you are buying apple care that it is significantly cheaper via student/government discount!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.