Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Ever since wiping my harddrive and doing a clean install of Mountain Lion, I cannot get iTunes to connect to my jailbroken iPad. Whenever I plug it in, it says:

"iTunes could not connect to this iPad. Could not establish a secure connection to the device."

My jailbroken iPhone worked perfectly fine. Any ideas on how to fix this? I haven't found too much on the web about this.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Bump

The iPad has also stopped working with Diskaid, which gives an error message about the iPad having a Passcode preventing it from connecting.

Except, I never have had password protection on the iPad.

mbpmbpmbp

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2012
I have exactly the same problem. Just received my new Macbook Pro, fresh Mountain Lion install and my Ipad 3 (jailbreaked) receive the same error message.

Itunes 10.6.3
Ios 5.1.1 Jailbreaked with absinthe

But my Jailbreaked Iphone 3GS Ios 5.1.1 + Absinthe is working great with this Itunes.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
Hope you guys are still watching this thread. SOLVED.

Here's what you have to do. You need a backup of your old Mac prior to upgrading, or prior to wiping and reinstalling.

You need to open Console on your new mac, and see the error message when you plug your phone into itunes and get that error, this will show up in your console:

8/13/12 1:21:04.537 PM iTunes[491]: AMDeviceValidatePairing (thread 0x11c313000): Could not load pairing record /var/db/lockdown//<device id>.plist

Then you need to go to your time machine backup and navigate to that same folder, and find the missing file. Copy that file back to your new machine into the /var/db/lockdown and you will magically be able to access your device again.

Happy hunting! AND ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR SYSTEM. ALWAYS. Time Machine is a god send, and so easy to use why wouldn't people do it?

icebergx

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Same problem here with my iPhone 4. Unfortunately my old mac is dead and my time machine backup used to be done at my old place of work, which I can no-longer access.

Is there any solution to do this without a backup?

Alternatively, I've managed to extract all my music from the phone and other stuff (like contacts, etc.) are stored on my iCloud. Is there any way of backing up my apps and sms', then do a clean install?

Thanks.

manolodf

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I have the same issue, but in my situation I am going from PC to a MAC. I have OSX 10.8.2 and my iphone connected just fine, but my iPad 3 cannot connect because of the secure connection to the device. It will sync to my PC just fine, but I cannot get it to sync to my mac which is now my current updated laptop that holds everything and that I want to WiFi sync to.

Any solution to this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.