Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shortie8512

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
Guildford, UK
Anyone else having problems with iOS6 on their iPad 2?

• Apps don't install from the App Store half the time. The same issue occurs when I download them to my iMac and try to sync them across - lots of them fail to install during the sync from iTunes to my iPad.

• When I updated to latest version it didn't fully install properly and trashed the iPad. I ended up having to wipe the iPad from iTunes and run the update from there.

• I have had numerous instances where I have started an app and it just shuts down immediately. As soon as I reboot my iPad the app starts up fine. Or similar issues where I am using an app and it just terminates and then won't restart.

• I've had numerous lock-ups where I've been using my iPad and the thing has completely locked up / frozen and I had to shut it down and restart it.

Any idea how I roll back to iOS5? At least it is reliable!

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Sounds like a hardware problem to me. I haven't experienced any of the things you've listed.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPhone 5 and none of these issues are present. Perhaps it's just your device.

Cheers,

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER

• Apps don't install from the App Store half the time. The same issue occurs when I download them to my iMac and try to sync them across - lots of them fail to install during the sync from iTunes to my iPad.

• When I updated to latest version it didn't fully install properly and trashed the iPad. I ended up having to wipe the iPad from iTunes and run the update from there.

• I have had numerous instances where I have started an app and it just shuts down immediately. As soon as I reboot my iPad the app starts up fine. Or similar issues where I am using an app and it just terminates and then won't restart.

• I've had numerous lock-ups where I've been using my iPad and the thing has completely locked up / frozen and I had to shut it down and restart it.

1. I've had this a few times. You push the install/get app button but nothing happens. It could be when the ipad is already working hard downloading another app.

2. No problems here.

3. That's not just ios6. That's been going on since year dot. Often times it's the app. Sometimes they advise to restart your iPad after installing the app. Other times mine will give up when I got a heap of app open. It happens rarely, but it does happen. That's also been happening for yonks.

4. Haven't had this happen.

VFC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
SE PA.
1. I've had this a few times. You push the install/get app button but nothing happens. It could be when the ipad is already working hard downloading another app.

I have noticed that a few times myself on my iPad 3.

I also noticed the app update notification is not always correct. Sometimes it indicates one or more app have pending updates (Red circle with number inside) and when I go to the Store to perform the updates, it shows no pending updates. All started with the 6.0 update.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012

you can not roll back too IOS 5 but I would take your Ipad 2 too apple and have them check it out

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
I have had numerous instances where I have started an app and it just shuts down immediately. As soon as I reboot my iPad the app starts up fine. Or similar issues where I am using an app and it just terminates and then won't restart.

I've had this happens with apps on my Mini, like Pitfall. Worked initially, but now everytime I try to load it I get a crash and the app just bails out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.