Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BelgianHokie

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
i burned all my mp3's onto multiple cd's from my win2k pc and got thru importing the first 3 cd's into my new pb 15. now when i put a cd in the pb it is seen, i go to import and can see all the file names but they are greyed out and i can't select them to import...i can see them but itunes won't let me import them.

any help is greatly appreciated....

dhc

mkubal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tampa
Can you play them from the CD or will it not even let you do that?

I suppose you could navigate through the CD in the finder and copy the files to your HD and then drag them to iTunes. Should work.

Also, you're not accidentally importing as AIFF or WAV or something and as a result completely filled your drive? Unlikely, but I suppose possible.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Have you tried the "Add to Library..." option?

Also if you have already managed to import 3 CDs just like this I would suspect a hiccup (they happens on Macs to) and tried to restart iTunes and, if that didn't help, restart the Mac. It's amazing how often that will help (along with the occasional repairing of permissions... ;))

Also, if you burned it with multisession option enabled on Windows, are you sure it closed it properly on the troublesome CD. Macs tend to be a bit particular when it comes to unclosed multisession CDs and have been known to reject them. (I don't expect this to be the problem since you obviously get the CD to mount, but I still thought it worth mentioning.)

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
First, I think you want to 'add to library', not 'import'. Importing 'rips' a file into either an MP3 or an AAC. You've already got mp3s, so you just want to 'add to library', which will add them into iTunes and copy the files into your iTunes Music folder if you have the options correctly selected in your preferences.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
mkubal said:
I suppose you could navigate through the CD in the finder and copy the files to your HD and then drag them to iTunes. Should work.

I second this suggestion, it's always worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.