Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ristin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Probably a rookie question, sorry.

I have an Android device from my employer and one of the few things I like about it is the ability to plug into my PC and copy files to/from the device using Windows Explorer. Looks just like a drive and I have access to the various folders.
My iPhone 4 is jail broken. What do I need to install and do to make my iPhone work the same way as the droid device? Is it possible?
I have ifile installed and an app called phone drive but neither of those work the way I want. That could be due to user limitations as I will be the first to admit I'm borderline moron regarding all things iOS.

Thanks

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'm not well up on jailbroken devices, but I am thinking you would still need Itunes on your PC? It is available for Windows, but jailbroken devices have a different way of doing things. Someone here will know, we have quite a few JB experts!:)

Ristin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Thanks for the tip on i-funbox. Not quite what I wanted, but better than what I had. Still wish I could just plug into any windows machine and use windows explorer without needing iTunes and ifunbox.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Thanks for the tip on i-funbox. Not quite what I wanted, but better than what I had. Still wish I could just plug into any windows machine and use windows explorer without needing iTunes and ifunbox.

only way this can be done.. is if it is jailbroken :/

if you do have it jailbroken/can.. install pwntunes.. it will allow you to save files via mycomputer etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.