Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Hi all,

What would be the best desk stand for iPads? Doesn't matter price (could be cheap or expensive). I have an iPad 4 now and I would like to get a stand for my desk but I don't know which one would be best/worth the money. If its compatible with minis or iPads with cases would be great too.

Are there a stand that can hold both iPad(s) and iPhones together?

Also, please post pics if you guys have some.

Thanks!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I have the Coolermaster wave alloy stand. It's the first stand I've owned where I feel totally confident to use my ipad without a case, although it can be used with one. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• Stand2.png
    Stand2.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 124
  • Stand3.png
    Stand3.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 116

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I have the Coolermaster wave alloy stand. It's the first stand I've owned where I feel totally confident to use my ipad without a case, although it can be used with one. Highly recommended.

yikes, that thing looks massive. Do you want just a stand, or a stand + keyboard? IMO, this is a great combo http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultr...UTF8&colid=I0B9MXPUPO0P&coliid=I1VPKWX0T8ULT9

if you want just a stand, this works just fine and has built in speakers. You might have to get the ipad 4 version straight from logitech though
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-000590-Speaker-Stand-iPad/dp/B005A2RLXC

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
yikes, that thing looks massive. Do you want just a stand, or a stand + keyboard? IMO, this is a great combo http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultr...UTF8&colid=I0B9MXPUPO0P&coliid=I1VPKWX0T8ULT9

if you want just a stand, this works just fine and has built in speakers. You might have to get the ipad 4 version straight from logitech though
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-000590-Speaker-Stand-iPad/dp/B005A2RLXC

:D It's a camera trick..It's actually very small, folds up flat. You'd have no room for a KB...It's the angle I took the shots from!:)

modelbehaviour

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
UK
I have a stump stand (Apple store and Amazon has them), its like a heavy rubber paperweight looking thing with two slots in the top. Incredibly simple but I use it all the time.

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
I got bored waiting for mine to deliver so I made "mk1" last night lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
I ended up getting this after a lot of research. I like it cause its portable and it has multiple angles. That way I can take it to school and use the iPad with the Apple Keyboard when I need to type something. Keep it coming though to help others... thanks for the tips!

Does this allow you to have it plugged in while in the stand? I'm looking for something to use while waiting for docks to become available for the iPad mini.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I like the looks of the Elago P2 stand from Amazon. It comes in silver or black.

This is easily my favorite of all that I've seen. It just looks like something Apple would release. Here's a picture of my Mini on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 108

Fila

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010
Same as Luigi408

By strange coincidence, I was wondering the same a couple of weeks ago, and decided on the same stand as the OP, which arrived last week. Have to say i'm happy with it. Light, strong and adaptable. about £20.00, though I thinj it may be dic=scontinued?

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
This is easily my favorite of all that I've seen. It just looks like something Apple would release. Here's a picture of my Mini on it.

Looks nice. Does the stand have padding or rubber inside so you can put the mini in it without risking metal on metal scratches?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Looks nice. Does the stand have padding or rubber inside so you can put the mini in it without risking metal on metal scratches?

There's foam on the legs, but not on the back. I just flip my Smart Cover over and use it that way. I guess if you wanted to, you could add some felt yourself if you were worried. I will say that I used this stand with my iPad 3 for over 6 months and it never scratched my iPad. Not even a single mark.

Even without any back padding, this is still my favorite stand. I'll eventually get around to ordering the iPhone version as well.

mrstefani

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
Macomb, Michigan
There's foam on the legs, but not on the back. I just flip my Smart Cover over and use it that way. I guess if you wanted to, you could add some felt yourself if you were worried. I will say that I used this stand with my iPad 3 for over 6 months and it never scratched my iPad. Not even a single mark.

Even without any back padding, this is still my favorite stand. I'll eventually get around to ordering the iPhone version as well.

I have the iPhone version and it works great for the mini as well. I flip over the Smart Cover to help protect the back from any scuffs that may occur. It's a great stand for charging and using FaceTime. Looks nice next to the iMac. :)

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
+1 for the Arkon stand. It's light weight but made of sturdy plastic and folds up flat. Very easy to carry with you.

spiralynth

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
I have 3 of those Arkon stands. Got 'em at Best Buy for $7 each. Excellent little buggers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.