Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Gumtree us the best place to sell locally, as there are no fees.

I have a brand new still sealed sim free 16gb iPhone 5 black if anyone is interested

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
ordered white iPhone 5 yesterday. delivery time is November 27-3rd December. lets see when it shows up!

the_insider

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2005
USA / UK
After a week of trying, I was able to reserve a 64gb iPhone 5 at Covent Garden.

At first, I was trying to submit as many reservations as possible on a bunch of email addresses, after reading a few posts, I brought this number down to 2 reservations per store.

Before noon, I submitted a reservation under one email address to the 5 london stores, then in the afternoon, the same thing under a second email address. Last night to my delight, I got the confirmation from apple.

my father is going to be very surprised when he gets his new iPhone for his birthday afterall... good bye apple.com 3-4 week waiting period.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
You're not alone!

I've been trying to reserve one in London for about 5 weeks (some days I try just one store, other days 3 or 4).

I'm surprised that Apple have not modified their reservation system, given their severe lack of stock. It's a farce to expect customers to jump through the reservation hoops every single day for weeks on end. A reservation should be made just once - what's the point in making us do it again and again?

I don't understand posts like this. If you ordered it online 5 weeks ago you've have had it delivered in 3-4 weeks.

Why are people walking around shops trying to reserve when it's just so much easier to order online???? :confused:

elliotn

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2011
I don't understand posts like this. If you ordered it online 5 weeks ago you've have had it delivered in 3-4 weeks.

Why are people walking around shops trying to reserve when it's just so much easier to order online???? :confused:

I don't undertand your post. No-one is walking around shops trying to reserve an iPhone. They are using Apple's online reservation system. It doesn't work very well. That is all.

fosman

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2005
After a week of trying, I was able to reserve a 64gb iPhone 5 at Covent Garden.

At first, I was trying to submit as many reservations as possible on a bunch of email addresses, after reading a few posts, I brought this number down to 2 reservations per store.

Before noon, I submitted a reservation under one email address to the 5 london stores, then in the afternoon, the same thing under a second email address. Last night to my delight, I got the confirmation from apple.

my father is going to be very surprised when he gets his new iPhone for his birthday afterall... good bye apple.com 3-4 week waiting period.

So, to be clear, you used the same email and details to 5 stores - rather than a different one to each store?

I'm still trying everyday. Such a pain!

RE why I'm reserving rather than online order - online order has a month wait on it. I expected it be able to get it sooner - and check the product - but reserving for store pick up. I don't think anyone expected for it to be this difficult!

the_insider

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2005
USA / UK
So, to be clear, you used the same email and details to 5 stores - rather than a different one to each store?

I'm still trying everyday. Such a pain!

RE why I'm reserving rather than online order - online order has a month wait on it. I expected it be able to get it sooner - and check the product - but reserving for store pick up. I don't think anyone expected for it to be this difficult!

yes.

1 email address (regent, covent, strattford... etc)

a few hours later

second email address, same name & phone (regent, covent, strattford...etc)

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
I don't undertand your post. No-one is walking around shops trying to reserve an iPhone. They are using Apple's online reservation system. It doesn't work very well. That is all.

Why are you trying to reserve, especially as the system is apparently crap? I've ordered 3 iPhone 5's from the Apple UK Store, 2 arrived on release day and the other arrived within 3-4 weeks of my order which is precisely within the time-frame Apple said when I placed the order. I just don't understand what some of you are trying to do with all this fannying around.

1. Order online
2. Get it delivered to the location of your choice
3. Enjoy

elliotn

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2011
Why are you trying to reserve, especially as the system is apparently crap?

I'm not. I gave up on the iPhone 5, and instead bought a new battery and charger for my ancient Sony Ericsson. This cost £3.89, thus saving me over £500 :)

I had hoped to use the online reservation system as I live in Central London and am surrounded by Apple stores. I work erratic hours, so hooking up with couriers is complicated.

Lithearium

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
London, United Kingdom
Anyone that is still reserving the iPhone, you can make a maximum of 5 reservations per day (it doesn't matter which store, etc.) The system picks up on any matching data, whether that's email address, name, telephone number. If there are 5 matches with any of those it will cap it at that and will not validate any more of your reservations.

So unless you are signing up with different phone numbers AND names AND email addresses then there is no point signing up for more than 5. They will only accept payments if you provide ID/bank card with the name that you reserved under so I wouldn't recommend false names.

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Anyone that is still reserving the iPhone, you can make a maximum of 5 reservations per day (it doesn't matter which store, etc.) The system picks up on any matching data, whether that's email address, name, telephone number. If there are 5 matches with any of those it will cap it at that and will not validate any more of your reservations.

So unless you are signing up with different phone numbers AND names AND email addresses then there is no point signing up for more than 5. They will only accept payments if you provide ID/bank card with the name that you reserved under so I wouldn't recommend false names.

Just curious where you got this information? Does that mean that you can make 5 identical reservations and all of them are counted?

richardc1983

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2010
Leeds, UK
Ordered On 24-Oct-2012 still at Processing Items

Delivers 16 Nov, 2012 - 22 Nov, 2012

- Any one else ordered similar time to me and received theirs yet?

TheHareBear

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
Ordered On 24-Oct-2012 still at Processing Items

Delivers 16 Nov, 2012 - 22 Nov, 2012

- Any one else ordered similar time to me and received theirs yet?

I think I was ordered 21st Oct, delivering 12th-15th Nov. It changed last Sunday to Preparing, then despatched Monday. UK Mail failed to bother to deliver it on the proper day (Tuesday), delivered it first thing last Wednesday.

loving it so far, first iPhone after a couple of Androids.

Andrew

kaibex

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
East Sussex, UK
Getting much improved speeds since switching to EE, even on 3G! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 119

richardc1983

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2010
Leeds, UK
I think I was ordered 21st Oct, delivering 12th-15th Nov. It changed last Sunday to Preparing, then despatched Monday. UK Mail failed to bother to deliver it on the proper day (Tuesday), delivered it first thing last Wednesday.

loving it so far, first iPhone after a couple of Androids.

Andrew

I've heard a few friends say they ordered on 5th November and got the phone last week! So why have I been waiting so long if people's orders placed later than mine have been fulfilled quicker.

TheHareBear

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
I've heard a few friends say they ordered on 5th November and got the phone last week! So why have I been waiting so long if people's orders placed later than mine have been fulfilled quicker.

The Apple Store currently says 2 to 3 weeks for delivery; did they order unlocked from the Apple Store or something other than that?

Andrew

Drmedic

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2012
I've been going into the London Apple stores to ask too! They never seem to have it in stock, so I just ordered one off apple a couple of days ago, should be here from 5th Dec onwards.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Apple were taking years, so I opted for a 64GB sim free from Carphone Warehouse for £699.

Superb phone, just not sure the battery life is right.

bradkb

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2012
Guess I was lucky, my contract was up for renewal, and I wanted a 32gb i5. Walked in to the orange store near morgate tube in London on the 28th September and walked out with a white 32gb i5 all spanky new with no dents, scratches or otherwise.

Had issues with battery and signal, and was swapped by Apple a week later, the swap phone is fine. Would have preferred a black one, but all they had was white, hey ho, starting to love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.