Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I bought this case as an alternative to my other $2.99 case "Moko" that I got on Amazon. The Moko adds a good deal of bulk but the design is better for using it as a stand and doesn't run into the issue of a forward drop as the majority case/covers create because they fold to the rear of the iPad.

In all... Hell... who can honestly complain about a $5 dollar case. For the price.. it is a good deal. It is much slimmer than my Moko but its not as slim as some of the pics I saw. In all, its a solid case and worth the $5.

Last edited:

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
I put mine out to air for an hour and the smell is gone. To me it did indeed smell like fish of come kind.

Mine smells weird and it is a bit fishy I think, weird....

Like the case so far, only disappointment is that when you put it into typing mode the cover does not hold magnetically like the smart covers.

Can't complain for the price though!

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Mine smells weird and it is a bit fishy I think, weird....

Like the case so far, only disappointment is that when you put it into typing mode the cover does not hold magnetically like the smart covers.

Can't complain for the price though!

Mine smelled pretty bad at fist... not exactly fishy but not good. It went away after leaving it out in the open for a few days. mine closes with the magnets but the constant folding into stand mode is making it not lay flat. Still, I like this case.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
Got my navy blue today. Did not notice whether it was "dishonest." Actually would not have noticed anything if I wasn't following this thread.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I ordered two of these (Navy and Pink) neither smelled like fish, but these cases are horrible for other reasons. The pleather is some of the cheapest I have ever seen and the folding portion of the cover is a joke. Without the magnets to keep the triangle together it's barely functional. The cover of the case doesn't lay flat and its gets worse the more you fold the cover.

I will be returning these to Amazon as soon as possible.

My advice is keep looking if you are thinking about ordering this case.

nioted

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
I ordered two of these (Navy and Pink) neither smelled like fish, but these cases are horrible for other reasons. The pleather is some of the cheapest I have ever seen and the folding portion of the cover is a joke. Without the magnets to keep the triangle together it's barely functional. The cover of the case doesn't lay flat and its gets worse the more you fold the cover.

I will be returning these to Amazon as soon as possible.

My advice is keep looking if you are thinking about ordering this case.

For the price of $5, your asking for too much. I just got my case today and for $5, I'm real happy. Now if I paid $30, I wouldn't be happy and would return the case. BTW, when i first took the case out the packaging, I too noticed the bad fishy smell. After a few hours of using the smell did go away.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
i just got mine today. what a fantastic product. the smell is minimal when i got but its all good now. and for $5 i cant complain!!! best cheapest case period!

whoRichard

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
I feel the same way as you guys in regard to the smell. When I had opened the package I was like, "dear lord I didn't order fish..." Besides that this is a steal at 5 bucks. The folding mechanism needs work but it is bearable. You honestly do get what you pay for but in this "case" it's a bit more.

GoGo1108

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
Just got the poetic slimline yesterday, and after playing with it for a bit, I have to say it's absolutely fantastic! For $5 you cannot find a better value. I was a bit skeptical on the quality, but once i held it, it far exceeded my expectations. Quality is great and it's very slim/lightweight. Sleep/wake and stand functions work perfectly. I may order in additional colors I'm so impressed.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I got one in black just for the heck of it. Only $5 - free shipping...why not...thats cheap.

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton
I don't like how the tablet sags at an angle when you fold the cover back. I might just have to go with rear shell+smart cover

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.