Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

My name is Alex

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
Funny, I use my classic every day. I like having my entire music library on there, interesting how someone said as soon as the capacity of the touch reaches the classic level then the classic is dead, but how much would a 160gb iPod Touch cost?

Well obviously it would be expensive now... but not in a few years, even if it is a SSD...

nonns

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
The iPod is old news. Especially the Classic and

I use my iPhone for most of my music playing now and even the iPad Mini is quickly becoming my main car music player. It's small enough to carry now and with the Bluetooth in my car I don't even have to take the mini out of my backpack. I bought a new nano when they first came out and returned it a few weeks ago. I didn't use it at all.

Maybe you find it fine but there are many of us for whom this does not represent a great solution

e.g. That's great unless you have a big music collection and like listening to mp3 at 320kBps or flac/Apple Lossless. Also if you make and take a lot of calls and use your phone for e-mail and browsing the web the battery isn't up to the combined job of calls + music + other duties.

TheRdungeon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2011
Well obviously it would be expensive now... but not in a few years, even if it is a SSD...

Would have to be quite a while away to be the price of the classic. It's not just an SSD either, has to be flash memory that will fit in a touch, otherwise you'll just have a classic with an SSD

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Love my classic, it currently hold alllll my music and stays connected to the home stereo (basically replaced the CD player). I also take it with me to work from time to time when I get board with the goto power playlist in my phone. If I ever hear confirmed news that they are killing them off I will go and get a second one as a back up, as I think they are the perfect music servers/ storage devices. I've had many external drives (back ups to the back ups) fry and crash on me and in the end through all that my music has always been safe in the classic.

Oh yeah I have an old maxed out 60gig that is permently attached to the car stereo.

Are they (ipod classic as we know it) doomed in time yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.