Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2010
I love how the OP is challenging others on if they own a GS3 when he's basing his own impressions on a hunk of non-functional plastic.

And yes, I owned one, and a nexus one/s/galaxy nexus, and an iphone

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
At first I was a bit confused at to why anyone would start a thread describing their experience with a dummy/toy phone.

Then I realised the OP is Myiphone7
And now the world is much clearer. :p

Jibbajabba

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
I had the real gs3. Just sold it on ebay. I have a iphone 4s and 5 as well. The gs3 isn't worth the hype in my opinion. Still had forcecloses on it. Yeah, it's pretty quick, but that doesn't mean crap if the app quits. It's still plastic. I had to purchase a replacement back from scratches. It still feels cheap in the hand to me. The iphone 5 feels like a sexy french girl. lol. Just my 2 cents.

Speaking of 2 cents, that is how much it costs to replace the plastic back on the S3 - good luck replacing the iPhone 5 back when you get sick of the scratches (which every phone gets, lets face it).

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Well then of course you'll be biased on an iPhone forum lol

It looks more like iphone users are much less knowledgeable about Android than the other way round. Iphone iOS has not changed much since the early days so much is known about it inside out.

But Android OS (and hardware) has changed and improved so much over the years that even some Android users have a tough time keeping up let alone Iphone users (who have more tendency to not see anything outside the Apple sphere).

So old stories like "android crashes" or "android lags" or "playstore sucks" etc are just OLD stories. But we still see a lot of these obsoleted points being used by iphone advocates.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
It looks more like iphone users are much less knowledgeable about Android than the other way round. Iphone iOS has not changed much since the early days so much is known about it inside out.

But Android OS (and hardware) has changed and improved so much over the years that even some Android users have a tough time keeping up let alone Iphone users (who have more tendency to not see anything outside the Apple sphere).

So old stories like "android crashes" or "android lags" or "playstore sucks" etc are just OLD stories. But we still see a lot of these obsoleted points being used by iphone advocates.

Well I think the main difference is first impression. iOS has been historically very smooth while android has built its foundation on instability. In iOS pinch to zoom has always been smooth but android laggy :(

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
Well I think the main difference is first impression. iOS has been historically very smooth while android has built its foundation on instability. In iOS pinch to zoom has always been smooth but android laggy :(

Is this thread really happening?

jsolares

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
Land of eternal Spring
Agreed. I wish I got to play with the OS. I trust apple more. The iPhone 5 is clean. Plenty of features. More than you'll ever use on a regular basis. But very reliable.

You NEVER have to worry about the device itself, like

Why is it running so slow today? Or Why did it freeze? Why isn't that working?

It just always works. That's what I appreciate most.

I had an AT&T Galaxy S2 and experienced no such issues with it, granted i wasn't running stock but rather an AOKP build.

Would expect an S3 with better specs to run even better.

I'm missing google now.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
Well then of course you'll be biased on an iPhone forum lol

I also use iPhones at work. My wife has an iPhone which I set up for her. I have actually used both iPhones and Android phones and working models of both. I would think that I have a better idea of what I am talking about than someone who uses a working iPhone, but only held a dummy Android demo model.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I also use iPhones at work. My wife has an iPhone which I set up for her. I have actually used both iPhones and Android phones and working models of both. I would think that I have a better idea of what I am talking about than someone who uses a working iPhone, but only held a dummy Android demo model.

Well not necessarily sometimes too much exposure to something can make one biased. Since I have used an iPhone for many years I would be biased. Same with android. But first impressions, those are often times most accurate.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012

Historically maybe is true for Android. But not the present. There is really no difference in UI smoothness betw. S3 and ip5. Same goes for stability.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
I wanted to like the GS3 but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. It just felt cheap compared to an iPhone, being all plastic. Everything I read makes it sound like it's somewhat difficult to transfer photos to a Mac, especially compared to photo stream. I already have tons of iOS apps. I thought photo quality was much worse. I have yet to find a non-iPhone that has a touchscreen as responsive as an iPhone's.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Well not necessarily sometimes too much exposure to something can make one biased. Since I have used an iPhone for many years I would be biased. Same with android. But first impressions, those are often times most accurate.

Some of my first impressions of the iPhone has been rather frustrating. It was so difficult to transfer contacts from my wife's old Android phone to her iPhone. It was super easy to transfer contacts from my wife's old feature phone to her Android phone. The same thing for ring tones. Putting an MP3 ring tone on her and my Android phones was way easier than doing that on her iPhone.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Some of my first impressions of the iPhone has been rather frustrating. It was so difficult to transfer contacts from my wife's old Android phone to her iPhone. It was super easy to transfer contacts from my wife's old feature phone to her Android phone. The same thing for ring tones. Putting an MP3 ring tone on her and my Android phones was way easier than doing that on her iPhone.

Well then why did you buy an iPhone if you didn't like it lol

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Well then why did you buy an iPhone if you didn't like it lol

I didn't buy an iPhone. My father-in-law got one for free from his work. Since he and his wife already had iPhones, he gave it to my wife who was happy to get it. She loves the fact that she can buy different cases for it. That's her favourite feature of the iPhone. So, I had to move her contacts and ring tone over to her iPhone. It was a rather unnecessarily convoluted process to move contacts and ring tones.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I didn't buy an iPhone. My father-in-law got one for free from his work. Since he and his wife already had iPhones, he gave it to my wife who was happy to get it. She loves the fact that she can buy different cases for it. That's her favourite feature of the iPhone. So, I had to move her contacts and ring tone over to her iPhone. It was a rather unnecessarily convoluted process to move contacts and ring tones.

Oh ok cool

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.