Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjoshi123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Okay I've got my Mac mini 2012 i7 2.3Ghz version.
Here is what is going on
1) I'm upgrading RAM to 16GB.
2) I'm going for a data doubler and got kit from OWC to install SSD into my mini. I've got Samsung 840 series 500GB drive from Newegg for $299

Now my question is anyone here installed Win 8 on their mac mini ? I need to install windows because I do software development for my main job and my company is moving to Visual Studio 2012 so I will need to install it to learn VS 2012 before we dive into it.

My main use of machine is Digital Photography edit using CS6 + LR4 and occassional use of iMovie to burn slideshows.

I've VMware Fusion 4 from my previous MBP. Is VMWare Fusion 4 capable of working with ML as well as Win 8 or I'll need to buy Vmware Fusion 5 or Parallels Desktop 8 ?

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Is VMWare Fusion 4 capable of working with ML as well as Win 8 or I'll need to buy Vmware Fusion 5 or Parallels Desktop 8 ?

There is no reason why someone here should go to the VMware website and check the compatibility of VMware Fusion 4 for you when that is something you are fully capable of.

carter2

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Windows 8 introduces significant changes to the operating system's platform, primarily focused towards improving its user experience on mobile devices such as tablets. Windows 8 provides heavier integration with online services from Microsoft and others
So go for it:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.