Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Figured I would start a new thread just for Twig case owners. As people are slowly receiving their cases how about some observations and pictures. After much debate my order of Bamboo bunker is in. Can't wait.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I hopefully will have mine next week and will put of some pics.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Bunker in bamboo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 350

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Saw that one. Looks great. Still loving it after a few days?

I do still love it. I was a little worried that with all of the thin lines they would break off easily, but that hasn't really been a problem. It feels like it would offer great protection (haven't dropped my phone so this is purely opinion) and I've gotten a lot of compliments. I am really happy with it, absolutely no buyers remorse here

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I do still love it. I was a little worried that with all of the thin lines they would break off easily, but that hasn't really been a problem. It feels like it would offer great protection (haven't dropped my phone so this is purely opinion) and I've gotten a lot of compliments. I am really happy with it, absolutely no buyers remorse here

Good to hear. Glad the wood is holding on strong.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
What is the average shipping times for those of you that received your cases?

McRosco

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Shipping times are pretty decent - I got notice on the 16th that mine had shipped and it arrived yesterday to Scotland. Not bad at all.

McRosco

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Also, the quality of it is lovely, very precise design (Bunker in Bamboo) and light weight. Only downside is that it feels so thick compared to the phone on its own, but that's insane as the case is only just over 1cm thick.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Can't wait thanks for the info. Feel like taking some pics?

McRosco

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Here's a couple of pics of the bamboo bunker in detail - very precise lasering, and feels great too.

Attachments

• IMG_5003.jpeg
    IMG_5003.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_5004.jpeg
    IMG_5004.jpeg
    632.2 KB · Views: 333

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
I posted these pics over on the "Grove vs. Twig" thread, but since you are asking for pics...

This is the "Vines" case in black and white. It is gorgeous, and I absolutely LOVE it. The black sides and the black and white back sort of balance out the contrast between the white iPhone and its black screen:

Attachments

• Twig Case 1.jpg
    Twig Case 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Twig Case 2.jpg
    Twig Case 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 292

dinesh29888

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
On the grove website from last one week to figure out the best case for my black i5 but confused .... if i get a designed case i should not be bored with it in one week thats the big question i am having .... ?? For now i have decided the plain case ... Any suggestions ??

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Cyber Monday is for amateurs. We're kicking it up a notch.

Discount code: TWIGTHANKSYOU

Free Priority shipping in the US, Free First Class International shipping everywhere else. On everything.

ALL WEEK LONG.

dbo43867

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
I put this in the Grove vs Twig thread, which seems to have pretty much turned into a Twig thread (!) but I will re-post here, because I didn't see this one!

I thought I'd post some pictures of my Twig case! I was not part of the pre-order, but I did get it quickly.

The tolerances are very tight. I had a Skinomi on the back, and I think I could have forced the phone into the case, but I decided to remove the back film instead. A thinner, dry film may still work on the back.

My Mediadevil screen protector has been ever so slightly disrupted by the case. It is because of the screen protectors alignment though- I am not good at applying protectors and it is slightly off center. At the edge of the side where it almost sticks out over the bezel, the Twig case and the protector don't get along. I am confident that with competent installation, this, and other screen protectors will work well with this case!

Update: I peeled and reapplied the protector, centered this time, and there is no interference. It is still very close though!

So far I really like the case, I will report back to this thread in a week or two!

Here are the pictures:

Attachments

• DSC01344.jpg
    DSC01344.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC01357.jpg
    DSC01357.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC01348.jpg
    DSC01348.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC01327.jpg
    DSC01327.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC01322.jpg
    DSC01322.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

RMferrer

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2007
Shipping times are pretty decent - I got notice on the 16th that mine had shipped and it arrived yesterday to Scotland. Not bad at all.

May I ask when you ordered it? I ordered 1 plain bamboo on the 17th. No notice of shipping or anything yet?? Just confirmation of ordered received.:confused:Give me something...another week? Month? Next year?....

Mystery date? Order# 1982

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
May I ask when you ordered it? I ordered 1 plain bamboo on the 17th. No notice of shipping or anything yet?? Just confirmation of ordered received.:confused:Give me something...another week? Month? Next year?....

Mystery date? Order# 1982

Looks like you, and a bunch of your similarly and higher numbered pals are going out today. Congrats :)

Attachments

• IMG_2872.JPG
    IMG_2872.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 175

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
Heh,

Reminds me a little of the kidnapper sending a photo of the hostage. "Ve haff your case... Bring $69.00 (plus $9.00 zhipping) in zmall bills if you vant to zee your case again."

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
Heh,

Reminds me a little of the kidnapper sending a photo of the hostage. "Ve haff your case... Bring $69.00 (plus $9.00 zhipping) in zmall bills if you vant to zee your case again."

"Unlezz you haff de codez, IF YOU HAFF DE CODEZ YOU VILL PAY NO ZHIPPING! VAT IS ZE CODEZ? I'm glahd you ask, it'z 'TWIGTHANKSYOU'. Zhat vill verk zust fine. At leazt oontil ze end of ze veek."

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
For folks asking about glass screen protectors, I have measured my iPhone 5 Bodyguardz Pure protector today and can report that should be a good fit with the Twig Case for the iPhone 5.

The Twig FAQ states...

120.6mm T x 55.5mm W for our iPhone 5 case.

I measured the Bodyguardz Pure and it came in at 120.90mm x 55.65mm

I really should have measured it before it went on the phone but I didn't want to peel the top and bottom backings to measure before it went on so I did it on the phone. The Bodyguardz is a tiny bit smaller than the iPhone glass surface itself so there is a lip all round that you can only feel with a nail. I tried to get the digital callipers on the correct portion of the lip.

The Twig case should comfortably sit alongside the edges of the Bodyguardz Pure and will just be a snug fit.

No, I don't have my case (it is in Customs awaiting fees to be paid and I don't have the fee demand letter with the reference number yet) but I don't anticipate any fitting problems.

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
At long last, my two Twig cases (both plain bamboo) have cleared UK Customs and been delivered.

I can now state that the Twig Case DOES FIT the BodyGuardz Pure iPhone 5 glass screen protector.

The case is a nice snug fit on the iPhone anyway and the screen protector goes right to the edge of the case, making a very thorough enclosure for your phone.

Being a natural material, there is significant variation in the Bamboo veneers from case to case. The positioning and frequency of the "knots" of the bamboo cell ridges means no two will be the same.

Since I wanted to see what effect natural oils would have on the bamboo, I applied some Obenaufs Leather Wax to the back surface of one case (after a spot test first, of course). While designed for leather goods, Obenaufs LP is a natural product with a high amount of beeswax in it and I figured I had two cases so there was little risk.

After spreading a tiny amount over the case, I warmed it in a low 90C oven for half a minute to melt the beeswax. This makes it more likely to flow into natural cavities. I then rubbed it in, allowed it to cool to room temp again and buffed off the excess. I did not put any on the sides or inner surfaces - just the bamboo back.

Compared to the "dry" case, the bamboo colour is a little richer and there is no tackiness from the beeswax at all.

I will post pics soon once I have charged my camera batteries and will also put up the MahJong tile wallpapers for critique. I think they will go nicely with the white iPhone and the plain bamboo Twig case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.