Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
They have the means; they're known as parents. If the kids howl loudly and persistently enough, the parents are the ones who will buy the devices. And apparently, this "sluggish" economy hasn't stopped adults from snapping up Apple products by the boatload.
I guess I raised my kids better.
The louder they cried about wanting something, the less interested I was in getting it for them.

They always hear the same two words from me.
Earn it.
Show me straight A's for an entire school year.
Clean up after yourself without having to be told to do it 50 times.
Save your allowance money and buy it yourself.

The list goes on.

Howling about wanting an expensive toy in my house is a sure fire way to get nothing.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
This must be wrong. How can the Microsoft Surface appear above the AppleTV?

live4mark

macrumors member
May 13, 2008
New York City
And in a related survey, 99% of the parents of these spoiled kids immediately replied, "Get off the couch and get a job if you want those expensive gadgets, you lazy sonuva..."

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
What I want is for all the hopeful folks on this forum to get their wishes in March when the purported new mini and iPad 5 is released, and all these kids and adults who get their holiday wishes granted with a new iPad are suddenly possessing old technology in a mere 3 months. That will be the greatest wish life could grant me!

There will be no new iPad 5 or iPad mini in the first half of next year, simply because of this!

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
When I was a kid, we were happy to get a bowl of soup and a piece of hard candy.

Now kids are so fat they can barely leave the house and all they want are things that will insure that they remain fat.

You got a bowl of soup? We could only wish for that. We had to walk across the fields to town to get our hard candy, too.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
This isn't news...it's obvious.

Just like how obvious it's going to be how big of a holiday quarter Apple is going to have. iPhone 5, iPad4, iPad mini, iPod touch...it's going to be staggering.

If you have spare cash, buy the stock now and you will easily profit $120-$200 over the next 3 months when it goes back up to $700.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
It's funny how this list has everything from an :apple:TV, a Nintendo 3DS, an Xbox and a PS3, but they only listed "computer" to include all models from all companies.

They should at least have split the choice into "PC" and "Mac". :confused:

Renzatic

Suspended
You got a bowl of soup? We could only wish for that. We had to walk across the fields to town to get our hard candy, too.

You wanna know what it was like growing up back in the stone age? I'll tell you.

For the first 11 years of my life, our TV only got THREE CHANNELS! On a clear day, we could sometimes get a 4th over UHF.

Hell, most of the time, I had to...like...go outside and crap, because there was rarely anything on TV. It was horrible.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
consumers aged 6-12 are significantly more interested in purchasing Apple's iOS products over the next 6 months.

lol am I the only one who found this funny? Consumers aged 6-12 purchasing their own :p

Last edited:

gamehead2905

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2010
Apple TV and iPad in PropUp stand...

I love my Apple TV, I'm sure it will come along with an ACTUAL apple TV. I'll be the first in line!

Right now I use my iPad in a PropUp iPad holder on the corner of my chair controlling Apple TV. It's a really great setup!

DrumApple

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Which is exactly why I DON'T want one thank you very much. Surface for me (and us business folk).

Unggoy Murderer

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2011
Edinburgh, UK
WOW, kids are spoiled these days. No wonder there are so many brats out there.
What's the issue with kids wanting something? I want an Audi R8, and four 27" ATD's, doesn't mean I'll ever get them. Kid's are free to want or desire whatever they like, it doesn't make them spoilt. It's kids that demand things from their parents or family, and stage violent tantrums that give kids nowadays a bad name.

To be honest, it's the parents you should be blaming, not the kids. I'd buy an iPad for my child, and then smash up with a hammer it in front of him if he ever DARED do such a thing to me. He respects and loves his parents, family and friends, and they do the same back for him.

FakeWozniak

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
My entire suburban school district just bought iPads for every student in high school (~1600) and iPod Touches (~1600) for the middle school. Every teacher had a choice between an iPad or MacBook Air. I think Apple will be doing well this quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.