Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I currently have an Unlimited Plan with 450 minutes on Verizon. It ends in a year and I was looking at Verizon's other plans in case I don't want to buy a new phone at full price to keep my Unlimited Data.

So it's $40 per month for the phone + $60 for 2GB of data + $12 in fees and taxes. Is this seriously the cheapest plan available on Verizon for the average individual iPhone user who uses more than 1GB per month. It's ridiculously expensive.

Are they any secret cheaper plans that aren't advertised similar to the T-Mobile $30 per month unlimited plan?

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2003
Yeah, unfortunately unless you're grandfathered into a prior plan you're automatically screwed.

RickD1225

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
I bought a new iPhone 5 to replace an old Droid for my wife online through Verizon and they grandfathered her old plan to the new phone. $77 per month after taxes.

BTW it will show this on the website when you order the new phone so you can confirm before completing the transaction.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
they have a hidden 200 minute $29. plan but you have to get them to add it. Technically its for old people, but I know someone who got it and isnt old.

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
My 2GB is $30 a month. Might want to call to confirm what you are seeing on the website.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
You pay for what you get. If you don't like it and you can leave then leave but don't complain about it if u have options. Vzw has been great never lost service even when the power is out

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
You pay for what you get. If you don't like it and you can leave then leave but don't complain about it if u have options. Vzw has been great never lost service even when the power is out

What? You are telling him not to complain about high prices? Or what, are you going to rough him up a bit, maybe tap a knee cap? LOL

They have terrible prices, and no you cant leave without an ETF. You made no sense with your statement.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
I'm saying u pay for what you get they have great svc and the customer svc is great too. I thought u were complaing because u could leave but didn't want too

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I must be missing something here. I'm paying $40 for 450 minutes, and $30 for 2 GB of data. With the taxes and assorted other bullcrap, I'm paying $75 and change per month.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
My 2GB is $30 a month. Might want to call to confirm what you are seeing on the website.

Thanks! When did you sign up for your plan? I'm confused because the website that I posted above says its $30 for 2GB of data. Are you on an individual non-family plan? How much do you pay in total per month?

I must be missing something here. I'm paying $40 for 450 minutes, and $30 for 2 GB of data. With the taxes and assorted other bullcrap, I'm paying $75 and change per month.

Yeah, iforbes also said that he pays $30 for 2GBs. When/where did you get that deal because it says its $60 on the Verizon site? Are you on an individual non-family plan?

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011

You do not have the family share plan. Unlimited texts, calls and 2 GB data is the new plan. I still have the 450 minutes, 1000 texts and unlimited data for $80 a month which includes tax.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
Thanks! When did you sign up for your plan? I'm confused because the website that I posted above says its $30 for 2GB of data. Are you on an individual non-family plan? How much do you pay in total per month?

Yeah, iforbes also said that he pays $30 for 2GBs. When/where did you get that deal because it says its $60 on the Verizon site? Are you on an individual non-family plan?

He might not be on a share everything plan...if this is the case hes paying somewhere near $110+..... $60 for 450 mintues + $20 texting + $30 2 gb data...this was an old plan before share everything... With share everything u get unlimited texting and calling + 2 gb data and free hot spot...the $40 is to use the plan your still paying the same price ....in fact im paying less even with my ipad and 4 gb then i did with unlimited data

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Oh FFS! Maybe for you VZW is worth $60 for 2 GB but that's highway robbery. And yes, VZW has died during power outages. Check their twitter feed up until today because they're still recovering from Sandy.

I'm in an individual plan and I see $30 for 2GB on their regular site.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
This Share Everything plan is a complete ripoff for individual users who use only one iPhone and no other devices.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
Can you link to where you see this? It don't think it's part of their Share Everything plan which they offer now.

----------

Sadly, this doesn't include LTE, only 3G.

Your not paying $70 for 2 gb it also includes calling and texting

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Can you link to where you see this? It don't think it's part of their Share Everything plan which they offer now.

----------

Sadly, this doesn't include LTE, only 3G.

I stand corrected. It was there before the iPhone 5 launched but its not now. I guess it's $60 for unlimited talk and text and 2gb data, but they charge $40 random bucks for just having a smartphone. Seems ridiculous.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
I stand corrected. It was there before the iPhone 5 launched but its not now. I guess it's $60 for unlimited talk and text and 2gb data, but they charge $40 random bucks for just having a smartphone. Seems ridiculous.

You are right. Absolutely ridiculous. $40 a month just to connect a phone to that $60 plan. That is robbery. $480 a year for the honor to use verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.