Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4thWall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I understand that the new ibook RAM needs to be:
200 PIN SODIMM- DDR - PC 2700. Is that correct. I want to upgrade to the max at 1.5 and i will buy memory from one of the companys. Does anyone know which RAM works best in MAC Computers. Viking or Kingston? Crucial? Thanks

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Like this hasn't been covered before. Try searching, but I'll answer it anyway. It uses PC2700 SODIMMs but not all RAM works in Macs. They are very picky. Assuming you are in the US, I'd look at datamem.com. Crucial is usually on the expensive side, but they are very good. Just make sure who ever you purchase it from guarantees it to work in your Mac.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
grapes911 said:
Like this hasn't been covered before. Try searching, but I'll answer it anyway. It uses PC2700 SODIMMs but not all RAM works in Macs. They are very picky. Assuming you are in the US, I'd look at datamem.com. Crucial is usually on the expensive side, but they are very good. Just make sure who ever you purchase it from guarantees it to work in your Mac.
Thanks Grapes, saved me some wear and tear on the fingertips :D
Trevor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.