Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I wanted access to my new favorite ipad on the go, so I traded my black 32gb wifi mini for the white one. I paid for a portion of mine on store credit at best buy, so I had to find a verizon mini at Best Buy.

Every Best Buy in the area is sold out, but called at just the right time and the guy held for me the last 16 gb mini. It was a white one, and I was hesitant but it was all they had and overall I like it better. The black and slate back is better looking though in my opinion. Did anyone else end up trading colors? Having a cellular mini by the way is just so damn cool. I got rid of the data on my ipad 3, and put it on the mini.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I traded colors too. I had the Black & Slate 32GB for a week then returned it for a cash refund. I finally picked up a White & Silver 32GB this morning and I'm loving it. I loved the Black & Slate but couldn't deal with its flaws. I didn't think I'd fancy the White & Silver all that much, but now that I have it in my hands, so far it's BRILLIANT. I made an excellent choice in the end.

I'm loving life with the iPad mini Wi-Fi 32GB White.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, I'm glad you got the one you wanted.

Attachments

• Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg
    Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 142

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Don't like the white?

Well it's a long story, I purchased a iPad 4 and returned it for the mini and I expected that I'd have too reserve one on apple.com, and I was set on a black version. But after going in the apple guy told me they had a white 16gb and my draw dropped I didn't believe him because it was like 7 at night, so I went with the white, and I'm just waiting for a black one to be in stock!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Well it's a long story, I purchased a iPad 4 and returned it for the mini and I expected that I'd have too reserve one on apple.com, and I was set on a black version. But after going in the apple guy told me they had a white 16gb and my draw dropped I didn't believe him because it was like 7 at night, so I went with the white, and I'm just waiting for a black one to be in stock!

Cool. I was just curious. I have a black one and I love it.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I wanted access to my new favorite ipad on the go, so I traded my black 32gb wifi mini for the white one. I paid for a portion of mine on store credit at best buy, so I had to find a verizon mini at Best Buy.

Every Best Buy in the area is sold out, but called at just the right time and the guy held for me the last 16 gb mini. It was a white one, and I was hesitant but it was all they had and overall I like it better. The black and slate back is better looking though in my opinion. Did anyone else end up trading colors? Having a cellular mini by the way is just so damn cool. I got rid of the data on my ipad 3, and put it on the mini.

I traded from black to white.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Lucky, I plan on trying to get one before my 14 days are up, it'll be cool to have it match my iPhone 5 as well.

It depends on what you call luck. I waited in line for over 3 hours on launch day only to get one that had scratches all along the bottom. Returned it for a second one that had nicks all across the bottom. It wasn't until my third one that I finally got a good looking one out of the box. I'm just glad Best Buy was cool with me exchanging 2 iPad minis.

Oh, and a black iPhone 5 and black Mini look really good together. I was worried about scuffgate, but in the end, I like my iPad with a black bezel so I went with the black. Very glad I did.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
It depends on what you call luck. I waited in line for over 3 hours on launch day only to get one that had scratches all along the bottom. Returned it for a second one that had nicks all across the bottom. It wasn't until my third one that I finally got a good looking one out of the box. I'm just glad Best Buy was cool with me exchanging 2 iPad minis.

Oh, and a black iPhone 5 and black Mini look really good together. I was worried about scuffgate, but in the end, I like my iPad with a black bezel so I went with the black. Very glad I did.

Got mine today finally, I must say the black mini and black iPhone 5 look amazing! As too your luck that's terrible luck! At least you finally received a good one, both of my devices were mint and still are.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Got mine today finally, I must say the black mini and black iPhone 5 look amazing! As too your luck that's terrible luck! At least you finally received a good one, both of my devices were mint and still are.

Yeah, it took a couple tries, but I finally have good looking devices. Glad to you got yours!

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Another black to white trade, got the black from Apple on launch day, when it arrived it was sort of "blah" black, black, black. Boring and old fashioned.

Tracked down a white one in store on release day and bought it, much prefer the white, much more classy in white, aluminium and silver to the boring black, black and black.

dbdynsty25

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA
I traded my white 16gb wifi mini for my 32gb black verizon mini. Well traded is the wrong word...gave it to my wife to replace her white wifi ipad 2, while the 32 black verizon mini replaced my 32gb black verizon ipad 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.