Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intamin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
So, in older versions of iOS (I had a 4 with iOS 5 on it), when you received multiple notifications, that little bar with a few lines on it would appear directly underneath the time to indicate that you had other notifications apart from the latest one you just received.

Well, in the older versions all you had to do to see all notifications was tap that little bar and they'd all roll down and appear on the lock screen.

Now, on the 5 in iOS 6, you can't just tap the bar, you have to slide it down yourself. Is anyone else experiencing this? Why would they change its functionality?

I'm aware that it isn't that big of a deal to slide your finger rather than tap it, but it's the principal of the matter: Why change what worked?

intamin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Wow! How enlightening...thank you for that. Anyone else want to contribute a useless explanation? ;)

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
With those kinds of explanations, don't expect any different attitude at all. :rolleyes:

Well, what do you expect? None of us work on the iOS development team, and had no say in the UI design. Apple hasn't explained the change, so guess what? We don't know why they did it.

So I guess that attitude isn't getting adjusted anytime soon. :)

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
i second the complete dissatisfaction founded by this change. im a third-tier pro footballer that just got traded to the best team in the league. they put me on strict diet regimine that allows me to eat only 300 calories per day. i need to put these all to good use or ill start losing muscle, so while i'm scratching my nuts with light taps (that only take 0.1 calories) I have to check my phone, and i must say that the 0.10000000001 calories it now takes to swipe instead of tap is really taking a toll on my muscle mass. at this rate i dont even think i can make the semipro league.

i hate you apple, and all your updates are garbage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.