Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Where can I get an iPhone 5 that simply says "LTE" as the carrier and NOT AT&T or Verizon in the states?

Hey at least with Apple you don't have the carrier logos plastered all over the hardware:

htc-droid-dna-press-render-leak.jpg
galaxy-s3.jpg

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Seems like they're making a bug deal about the noise reducing microphone.
I'm surprised that they've made an ad about a minor feature like this. The ad's music and simple presentation fit the usual Apple style, but is this really the way to make people drool over an iPhone? Ads that say little but get into your subconscious might be more effective.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Is this finally something that we can truly say "Steve would never let happen"? (He was, after all, vegetarian.)

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Ok, so why are the pictures in the turkey ad full screen, whereas the pictures I have taken on my 5 have the black bars on the top and bottom?

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2008
Digging the orchestra one. The music in their iPhone 5 commercials has this subtle feel of excitement/urgency/tension from the "up down up down" of the melody. Love it!

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Where can I get an iPhone 5 that simply says "LTE" as the carrier and NOT AT&T or Verizon in the states?

Why does it matter? Don't you want to know what network you're connected to?

----------

Ok, so why are the pictures in the turkey ad full screen, whereas the pictures I have taken on my 5 have the black bars on the top and bottom?

Cropped for the commercial.

FooMan2011

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
I for one love the apple commercials. I'm a sucker for em!! My wife can't believe it because I don't easily get sucked in to corporate advertising and their mind games.

sransari

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2005
short-change advertising

As usual, apple takes a novel implementation, and makes it look extremely archaic. They make photostream look like a simple facebook-type sharing feature, when it's really much more. This is why apple loses credibility and short-changes their innovative ideas. Stupid stupid stupid ad campaign. They would be worth a $trillion by now if they did a better job explaining why their implementations are better than the ones that have been out there for 4+ years.

iPhisch

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Indiana
Works on my iPad. Did you turn off YouTube in Settings? Because if you did, then, surprisingly enough, YouTube videos don't play.

arn

Now I have to download the google YouTube app to play embedded video? That's Busch league.
I don't have this issue on other sites like autoblog.com.

FooMan2011

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
man how do they keep the iphones all shiny and scratch free
Easy, invest $79.99 on a lifeproof case. I swear by them. Completely dust proof. Unlike the otter box and you wanna die when you take it out and you can't figure out why it has tiny scratches and scuff marks on it. Trust me, lifeproof is well worth the money.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
They could release 2 new ads for the iPhone on the week when everyone is off but they can't release iTunes 11.

:confused:

willisbr

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
These are terrible. When did they start letting first year multimedia students take over their ad campaign?

sazivad

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
New Jersey
A little more humorous than most others.

Some, of course, will dislike this and herald these ads as the end, blah blah blah, etc.

I like 'em.

Spungoflex

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
That thanksgiving commercial made me cringe. Seriously? A token black couple shows up to thanksgiving with their son? As if they don't have a family of their own they would rather spend time with. So contrived and condescending.

CShort

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2011
Noise Cancellation

They used a noise cancellation chip from a new company. And it sounds like a beta chip. It's hopeless compared to Nokia's HD calling and noise cancellation technology.
Calls from my Nokia to another Nokia sound so crisp, calls to an iPhone 5 have the HD calling but sound is fuzzy and the background noise is there.
Also Nokia manages to do it with 2 mics not three.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.