Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingArthurVI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Penang, Malaysia
Hello, first of all I am not unhappy with the mini, but it's just that when I first bought it, I had three main purposes in mind, in order of importance:

1. To read my engineering textbooks
2. Flipboard and casual surfing
3. Games

Most mini owners would agree with me that #1 is kinda hard because of the small and non-retina screen, #2 is perfect except for when the fonts on some sites are hard to discern. #3 is great as well, but like the list shows, I would love for the iPad mini to be able to display my pdf textbooks nicely, since I have a 15" retina MBP and it's hard to lay back on a couch and use a MBP.

I pre-ordered the black mini right after it comes out, so I am obviously past the return period. With the Black Friday Target $60 gift card deal coming up, I would love to grab an iPad 4 instead. Did anyone here manage to return their Apple products even if its past the return period? Thanks for reading. :eek:

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
Hello, first of all I am not unhappy with the mini, but it's just that when I first bought it, I had three main purposes in mind, in order of importance:

1. To read my engineering textbooks
2. Flipboard and casual surfing
3. Games

Most mini owners would agree with me that #1 is kinda hard because of the small and non-retina screen, #2 is perfect except for when the fonts on some sites are hard to discern. #3 is great as well, but like the list shows, I would love for the iPad mini to be able to display my pdf textbooks nicely, since I have a 15" retina MBP and it's hard to lay back on a couch and use a MBP.

I pre-ordered the black mini right after it comes out, so I am obviously past the return period. With the Black Friday Target $60 gift card deal coming up, I would love to grab an iPad 4 instead. Did anyone here manage to return their Apple products even if its past the return period? Thanks for reading. :eek:

All i can tell you is i preordered also.When I called to send the mini back i had purchased I was told I had until the 20th of nov. I didnt need anywhere near that time though as I knew it wasnt for me. I asked for the prepaid return label while i was on the phone. Call apple and see what they say as you will only be 1 day past if you call in the morning. I bought a 4 to replace it and love it!

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA

I returned an idevice a month after buying it and the manager was happy to let me exchange it. No problems at all.

Call up ahead of time and hopefully, you will get a very kind person who will allow the return.

KingArthurVI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Penang, Malaysia
Thanks guys for your inputs! I will drop by my nearest Apple Store and ask if I can return it :) hopefully I get a nice manager who is understanding :D

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
As above said, I believe that you are in luck as you can definitely return your ipad. I think you have till somewhere around January to return it.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
You only have 14 days officially to return it. If you are very polite and you can probably return it. If you tell them you want to return it and buy an ipad 4 from them I say your chances will jump to about 95%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.