Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digizure

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Hello, I do not hear very well and I'm looking for a lyric finder app that will automatically update the lyric content in iTunes. I used to have "Get Lyrical" and apparently, it doesn't work with Mountain Lion very well. Tunetext is also discontinued. I've looked online and I couldn't find any freeware.

Suggestions?

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
Check out Tagalicious, but make sure you download it from their site, because the lyrics functionality is removed on the Mac App Store version, and of course, so you can try a demo.
Tagalicious

phairphan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Reject Beach
I use an old version of Tunesart. It's supposedly not compatible with ML, but seems to be mostly working for me. Stay away from the version on the App Store. Like Tagalicious, most of the lyrics functionality was removed. I believe the last version of Tunesart released "into the wild" was 1.2.2. You may still be able to find it out there.

digizure

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
I tried Get Lyrical and it did not work. It wasn't able to find a single lyric. :(

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I tried Get Lyrical and it did not work. It wasn't able to find a single lyric. :(

There are quite a few sites for lyrics. I used google to find the sites and went from there. The music companies hate the sites - they consider them piracy since the labels get no money from the sites. Try a google search like "lyrics <artist>"

Try stlyrics or absolutelyrics

The sites come and go.

Another point... the lyrics do not always match the songs properly, especially if you are looking at folk music. The artists tend to change things a bit.

digizure

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Tagalicious isn't bad but it doesn't automatically update the lyrics as I play the songs. Get Lyrical was the best one out there but apparently my copy of Mountain Lion doesn't like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.