Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDoggPrelude

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado
Hmm when I looked back at my settings, it got turned off. When I turned it back on, I got the pop up and instead of going to "cancel" or "go to website" I decided to reset my iPhone 5 with the Facetime toggle still on in the background, when it booted up, I immediately placed a facetime call with my mom, and sure enough I was facetiming on LTE. :D
Wow. I tried this and it worked for me. Now getting FaceTime over cellular on my unlimited plan in Denver. I restarted the phone again and it's still switched on too. :D

Attachments

• photo (1).PNG
    photo (1).PNG
    164.3 KB · Views: 168

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Works for me!!! iPhone 5 running 6.0 on att in NY

I turned the phone off, back on and it now works!

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2008
As per AT&T's announcement, it will work for any LTE device, iphone 5 or iPad. The rollout will take time, though.

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
Not working here with the ip5 and unlimited plan, but then again no LTE in my area. Lexington,KY

BDoggPrelude

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado
I thought AT&T was enabling this for all iPhone 5+ and iPad 3+ devices.

Seeing someone with an iPhone 5 say "it works for me" doesn't give me any hope with my 4S.

Edit, here:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/8/3...e-restrictions-allows-iphone-5-users-to-video

They said iPhone 5+, not the 4S or 4.

As per AT&T's announcement, it will work for any LTE device, iphone 5 or iPad. The rollout will take time, though.
The article says it does not apply to unlimited data plans, only tiered plans. From the article, "those with grandfathered unlimited data plans are out of luck". I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan....

kre62

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I have this working on an iPhone 5 with LTE AND a 4S on HSPA+. Both have unlimited plans.

Its not just 5's

----------

iphone 5 LTE unlimited plan here in Portland. Wont let me turn facetime on over cellular.

Not supposed to be able to "turn it on". Just shut your phone off completely then turn it back on. If it will work, it'll flip itself over for you.

HPLouis

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2010
Same on me and my wife's iPhone 5's.

We both have unlimited data on AT&T and we just did a FaceTime call.

We're in NYC too.

swl7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I did the "keep cancel/website message on screen and restart" but after that, it allowed me to FT over LTE but the call didn't go through

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
grandfathered unlimited plan on iPhone 5, just restarted my phone and did a test call :D

quality wasn't great, but oh well.

not that i ever use Facetime, but still cool

edit: in Minneapolis

cmckenica

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2009
New York
Nice

iPhone 4S Tiered with 3GB Personal plan just rebooted and now the FaceTime slider is up and running.
Buffalo, NY is where I am. So I'm guessing NY is one of the major switch areas.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I have this working on an iPhone 5 with LTE AND a 4S on HSPA+. Both have unlimited plans.

Its not just 5's

----------

Not supposed to be able to "turn it on". Just shut your phone off completely then turn it back on. If it will work, it'll flip itself over for you.

Believe me. I did restart the phone. I'm not an idiot.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Still a no go for me, yet. Tried restarting my phone a few times and I am still getting the popup when I try to reset it. I am in Los Angeles and on unlimited data. I will try again tomorrow. It is no big deal. I probably will never use it since I never use it over wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.