Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
So excited.

MAXSu.jpg

it's not the cleanest looking, but it has a few great implications:
1) don't have to rebuy the lightning SD kit and lightning USB kit, especially now that they are sold separately for $29.99 each instead of both in the same package for the 30-pin model (iirc) not that I have ever used my USB kit besides testing to see if it works, but..

2) when jailbreak comes out, I can expand memory on my mini. Crucial for a 16gb, and just something I appreciate having even if I had a 32 or 64 because I like not transcoding and feeding XBMC the video files as is. Plus I watch movies at such a rapid rate, storing any of them locally on the non-removable flash is really a pain to juggle.

3) i can now tuck this cable adapter behind the stand case I use when viewing content instead of having a 30-pin SD card reader sticking out the whole time. Slightly less awkward.

Carry on.

Carla748

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
I've seen the generic ones on eBay for only $11.95- I wonder if they would work on my mini and iPad 4 ? I need one for loading photos and already have the 30 pin apple SD card reader

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.